The damage from the hurricanes was minimal and only cosmetic: damage to rail caps and some scratches on hull.
• Engine - We removed the 1985 Volvo Penta MD-30A, cleaned and painted the engine room, and replaced it with a Beta 50hp. Current hours – 210 hrs.
• New propeller
• Hoses - Replaced raw water hose & some exhaust hose.
• Steering- Rebuilt hydraulic steering.
• Fuel system - Installed new fuel hoses & Mr. Gasket electric fuel pump with ability to transfer fuel from tank to tank and polish fuel through Racor 500FG Turbine Series fuel filter/water separator.
• Lighting installed in engine room
• 8 ft Caribe RIB
• 9 ft Avon soft bottom collapsible dinghy
• 8hp Yamaha 2 stroke outboard
• 5hp Mercury 2 stroke outboard
• Windlass - Ordered new parts & rebuilt.
• Railing - Had Bruce at the machine shop (Independent Boat Yard, St. Thomas) custom make our stainless steel railing. Bought hardware & fasteners. Installed it from mid-ship aft on both sides to mount our new solar panels.
• Outboard rail mount
• Magma grill
• Swim ladder - Had Bruce at the machine shop weld our broken swim ladder.
• Anchor chain & rode - Bought 200ft of chain. 150ft of chain on main anchor and 50ft chain plus 150ft rode on secondary anchor.
• Anchor upgrade - Bought Mantus 65 lb anchor to use as primary anchor.
SAILS & RIGGING
• Running rigging - Replaced all running rigging.
• Genoa - Brought Genoa to Joe at Quantum Sails in St. Thomas to replace sacrificial sun cover.
• Had genoa re-stitched in Grenada
• Bought new (used) mainsail & mizzen sail from Bacon Sails in Annapolis
• Lazy jacks and sailbag on mainsail
• Replaced both heads with Jabsco heads
• Replaced all hoses and clamps
• Bilge pumps
• New float switches
• New VHF Radio with cockpit microphone
• AIS receiver and transponder
• 6 x 6-volt golf cart battery bank wired in parallel and series
• Battery charger
• Solar panels - 600 watts
• New shore power cord and 50-30amp pigtail
• Inverter - Xantrex Prowatt 2000
• AIR Breeze Marine Wind Turbine (not installed)
• GPS - Garmin 741xs
• GPS linked to AIS and VHF
• Life raft - Zodiac 6 person offshore
• EPIRB - ACR GlobalFix Pro
• Life jackets
• Fire extinguishers
• Fire blanket
• Smoke detectors
• Refrigeration - Rebuilt refrigeration boxes & installed
• Propane solenoid - Installed Seward solenoid to prevent potential gas leaks inside of boat.
• Pressure cooker - To save time & money cooking. Use less propane & quickly cook beans, potatoes, & more.
• New salon and nav station cushions with new foam & upholstery.
• Solar vents - Installed solar vents in both heads to improve air circulation.
• Fans - Replaced old fans with energy efficient Caframo fans.
• Air conditioner - We got a little energy efficient window unit. Mainly for use at docks with lots of bugs and little wind.
• Book shelf - Built an oak bookshelf into the fold down table in the salon.
• Shelving - Stained and varnished small shelves and installed in heads and salon.
• TV - Installed small flat screen TV in salon, and mounted on Cheetah movable bracket.
• Bluetooth sound bar for TV or music.
• Speakers - Installed speakers in aft cabin.
• Installed watermaker - Katadyn 1.5 gallon per hour – needs service. Full rebuild kit in forward cabin.
• Water jerry cans - five 5 gallon scepter cans.
• Hand tools
• Power tools
• Washing machine – Manatee – aft head
• Printer – HP
• Shop vac
• Ryobi dust buster
• Fishing equipment - Hand reel & Net
• Deck brush
• Boat hook
NEEDS TO BE HAULED OUT BEFORE HER NEXT MAJOR VOYAGE. BOTTOM JOB, CUTLASS BEARING, & ALIGNMENT ADJUSTMENT NEEDED. MAINSAIL HAS SMALL TEAR IN REEF POINT.
6501 Red Hook Plaza, St. #201
Virgin Islands (US)