HULL AND DECK:
- Spring 2016 coat of VC-17 bottom paint applied.
- Solid fiberglass hull with deep forefoot and long, full keel.
- White hull, original gelcoat in good condition.
- Teak caprail on raised bulwarks.
- Teak handrail with S/S stanchions.
- Teak swim platform; S/S swim ladder.
- Hydraulic wheel steering - dual helms.
- Deck is fiberglass cored, then teak decking is laid over, on side, foredecks and aft decks, cabintop and bridge deck.
- All teak decks are in good condition and finished in Cetol finish (some refinishing required).
- Bronze opening ports with screens.
- Bomar forward hatch with built-in teak screen.
- Bronze rubrail; teak splash rail.
- Two side doors to access side decks.
Fuel: 400 gallons in 2 black iron tanks.
Water: 250 gallons in S/S tanks.
Holding: 2-15 gallon tanks; one for each head.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Twin Cummins 6BTA5.9 diesels, 250 hp, FWC.
- Approximately 1000 hours.
- Cruising speed: 9-10 knots @ 2200 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 14 knots @ 2600 RPM.
- S/S rimmed teak flybridge wheel.
- S/S rudders.
- 4 bladed bronze 23LH 23 prop; 4 bladed bronze 23RH23 prop.
- S/S shafts with new zincs installed.
- 2 S/S trim tabs - wider tabs.
- Engine synchronisers (owner doesn't use -sold AS IS).
- Very clean engine room; fuel tanks cleaned 2 years ago.
- Two Algae-X fuel conditioners installed in fuel lines.
- FRP silencers.
- Morse engine controls.
- Hydraulic wheel steering.
- 2 Racor 500FG fuel filters.
- Fireboy Halon 1301 fire suppression system.
- Bus heater, runs off engine cooling.
- 12V AC/110V DC electrical systems.
- Two engine driven alternators.
- Onan 8kw generator with 160 hours.
- 2-8D Fleet Manager AGM batteries for main engines and house lighting with battery parallel switch.
- 1 battery for generator.
- Promariner battery charger.
- 2-30 amp 125V shore power outlets with 2-50' cords.
- S/S Attwood 20 gallon water heater.
- TV antenna.
- 12,000 BTU (aft) & 16,000 BTU (forward) Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioning systems.
- Accommodations for 4-5 in two staterooms with two heads.
- Chain locker forward followed by vee berths with a filler to make large double.
- Lockers under berth and shelves outboard, Bomar hatch & screen overhead.
- The berth cushions are forest green velour-type fabric in very good condition.
- Next aft to port is an enclosed head with marble counter top, lockers, manual head and telephone shower. Opposite is a lighted hanging locker.
- Up several steps to the main salon which has the lower helm station to starboard, with electronics built in overhead, a two person settee aft of the helm station and starboard access door to side deck. Further aft to starboard is a U-shaped galley.
- To port in the main salon is a L-shaped settee with drop-leaf teak table, lockers under, a port door to side deck, followed by a bar, microwave oven, additional cabinetry for storage.
- Down several steps to the master stateroom which has a very large walk-in hanging locker to port, a queen walk-around berth with a new custom 6" mattress, numerous lockers and 6 drawers to starboard, and a vanity desk and mirror. An enclosed head with new Raritan electric fresh water head with new macerator, marble sink & counter tops, and a tub/shower to starboard.
- The interior finish throughout is varnished teak in very nice condition with a varnished teak & holly sole.
- There is a companionway ladder & hatch to the aft deck.
- The galley includes a new stand-up 12V/110V Norcold Refrigerator/Freezer with teak door front, double S/S sinks, a Magic Chef 4 burner propane stove with oven, hot & cold pressure water, a Emerson microwave oven, propane shut-off valve, numerous lockers, and wine/glass rack, etc.
- Apelco 4500 VHF.
- Standard Horizon VLH3000 hailer.
- Raymarine radar.
- Raymarine 435 chartplotter (NOT OPERATING), and Ray Nav 298 GPS.
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot.
- KVH Azimuth digital compass.
- Datamarine Dart System for depth, speed, log and temperature.
- Ritchie compass.
- Vetus rudder angle indicator.
- Capstan remote electronic windlass switch.
- Jensen stereo speakers
- Datamarine chart link.
- Raymarine R10 Rastar scan radar.
- Dart System for depth, speed, log and temp.
- Standard Eclipse VHF radio.
- Autohelm 6000 autopilot.
- KVH Azimuth digital compass.
- Vetus rudder angle indicator.
- Handheld VHF's.
- Stereo with CD player.
- High tide clock.
- Maroon Sunbrella bimini top.
- Maroon Sunbrella flybridge cover and privacy curtains.
- Maroon Sunbrella flybridge cushions.
- 4 folding Captains' chairs.
- Teak drink holders on flybridge.
- Ensign and staff with maroon covers
- Bow staff with maroon cover.
- Maroon cover for aft companionway.
- Maroon Sunbrella hatch cover.
- Raw water and fresh water washdown pump and hose.
- 3 windshield wipers.
- Magma BBQ grill.
- 8' West Marine inflatable soft bottom dinghy with cover, and 3.5 hp outboard.
- 4 fenders with covers.
- 6 Life jackets.
- Dual trumpet horns.
- Varnished teak deck box for propane storage - 2 LPG bottles.
- Two large fiberglass and teak trimmed deck boxes for storage.
- Mast with spreader lights and dinghy hoist with varnished spruce boom.
- Two rod holders.
- Boat hook.
- Radar reflector.
- 2 life rings.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Manual Guzzler bilge pump and electric Rule bilge pump.
- 45 lb CQR Plow anchor with chain and rode.
- Maxwell-Nilsson 12V electric windlass with controls on flybridge (down only); replaced switch on flybridge.
- Two S/S bow rollers on bow sprit with one Hawse pipe.
- Weems & Plath brass barometer.
- Jensen CD player - speakers on deck.
- Ship's bell.
- 2nd anchor - Danforth with chain lead and rode.
COMMENTS: SOUTHERN CROSS III is a 41' Defever Double Cabin Trawler in good condition with little more than 1,000 hours on her twin 250 hp Cummins diesels. Her engine room is clean, her teak decks show some wear, her bottom has no paint build-up, and her equipment includes an 8kw generator with only 160 hours, air conditioning, a full enclosure on flybridge, an electric Maxwell-Nillson heavy duty windlass, and much more. We shall be pleased to get you aboard. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.