Hull number 3 of 11 Bill Tripp & Vismara designed Baltic 50 semi-custom performance blue water cruisers. ‘Mediterranean’ version set up for short-handed fast cruising with fantastic cruising interior. Extensively updated and refitted.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
MAGICA was launched in 2000 as Hull No.3 in a run of 11 semi-custom Baltic 50’s. Configured as a ‘Mediterranean’ version with the emphasis of ease of handling and general high performance, MAGICA is the perfect short-handed rocket ship.
Internally, MAGICA also benefits from a fantastic twin-stateroom layout with an additional double bunk cabin for additional crew count.
Extensively refitted and updated in recent seasons, most recently at the Baltic Yachts Italia shipyard in 2016, MAGICA has many specification highlights including:-
- Recently fitted upgrade 80hp Yanmar engine
- Fridge, freezers and wine cooler
- Electric heads
- B&G instruments
- Carbon mast and boom
- Electric Lewmar winches
- Recent Millennium carbon sails
- Furling gennaker
- Tender and outboard
Now in only her second ownership and used lightly for Mediterranean sailing, since her extensive 2016 refit, she has cruised only between Tuscany and Corsica with just 100 hrs run on her recently fitted 80hp Yanmar engine.
The “Mediterranean” version of the Baltic 50 was created on the back of an idea to combine the high performance of an ims hull designed by Bill Tripp for a race version, with the versatility of the Baltic yard when it comes to building custom and semi-custom craft.
Concerning these two elements, the firm made significant interventions, with new designs for the deck and interiors, suggesting a mini-series of Baltic 50 that would be closer to the uses and tastes of the Mediterranean. ‘Magica’, ‘Sherazade’ and ‘Sei tu’ were fitted out as fast cruisers: the simplified deck – now more efficient and functional –devised for easier manoeuvres with a smaller crew.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
- RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
- Hull constructed with epoxy using vacuum bagging laminating technique.
- Laminate to be in Aramid and S-glass, epoxy resin, and Divinycell core.
- The hull is constructed primarily of epoxy resin, URA Aramid/R-glass udrs, E-glass biaxials, and Aramid woven rovings
- All high stress areas are specially strengthened with a build up of unidirectional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
- Hull outside painted with high quality abrasion-resistance colour AwlGrip.
- Main structural bulkheads are built up of a foam core GRP sandwich construction. Visible surfaces are teak faced.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid-up moulded epoxy/Kevlar/E-glass deck with foam core for stiffening and insulation and a high density core reinforcement incorporated in the mounting areas of winches and fittings.
- The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull & bulkheads.
- The deck is through bolted to the hull.
- Teak on deck including on cockpit coamings and coachroof. Foot step in teak for helmsman
- Toe rail is in teak
Keel & Rudder:
- Fixed ballast in keel totalling 4.083 kg.
- Keel fin to in stainless steel. Keel bulb casted in 4 - 6 % antimony lead.
- Stainless steel mounting bolts.
- The cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from FRP with a foam core and cured in an oven.
- The rudder stock is manufactured of FRP.
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JH-80 80hp diesel engine
- Engine hours – approx. 100hrs as of February 2018
- Date of last engine service - 2016
- Yanmar SD60-4 Saildrive gearbox
- Fresh water cooling for marine application with a heat exchanger and a sea water pump.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed folding propeller - 2016
- The steering is provided by 1,400mm diameter single wheel with JP3 steering sytem and Vectran cables
- Emergency steering gear
- 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, generator or inverter
- 1x Mastervolt Mvg 120Ah 12vDC Gel engine start battery - 2016
- 1x Mastervolt Mvg 120Ah 12vDC Gel generator start battery - 2016
- 8x Mastervolt Mvg 120Ah 12vDC Gel service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 480Ah @ 24vDC - 2016
- Magnetronic DCC4000 battery control system
- Mastervolt 24/100 24v DC 100Amp automatic battery charger
- Fischer Panda 4kw 220vAC diesel generator
- Date of last generator service - 2016
- Mastervolt Mass Sine 2.5kw inverter
- 24v engine-mounted alternator for charging service battery banks
- 12v engine-mounted alternator for charging start battery
- Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp. meters, voltmeters and tank level meters are provided.
- 230vAC 50Hz shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Water heater provided. Heater capacity is 30 L. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
- Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley and in cockpit.
- Pump with automatic pressure switch.
- Foot-operated fresh- and salt-water pump in galley.
- Schenker 60 litre per hour reverse-osmosis watermaker
- Two diaphragms type manual bilge pumps with removable handles. Locations, one at main companionway and one in the cockpit.
- One self-priming 24 V DC heavy-duty bilge pump with automatic switch.
- All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers.
- All tanks are pressure tested.
- Tank shut-offs provided.
- Racor water separator is installed on the fuel line.
- The fill fitting is grounded via the tank to a keel bolt.
- Tank meter with selector switch on electrical panel.
- The tanks are securely laminated to the hull and foamed in for rigidity and sound insulation.
- 300 litres of fuel capacity
- 600 litres of fresh water capacity
- 200 litres black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G large screen colour GPS chart plotter display – 2016
- B&G Hydra autopilot - 2016
- B&G Hydra 2000 wind/speed/depth multi-display in cockpit
- B&G 20/20 multi-display in cockpit
- B&G Synchro analogue wind direction display in cockpit
- B&G Synchro analogue magnified wind display in cockpit
- Suunto pedestal-mounted steering compass
At Chart Table:
- B&G Hydra 2000 wind/speed/depth multi-display
- Majestic HD LCD TV display with chart-plotter connections
- B&G VHF with DSC and AIS – 2016
- Alpes Inox 4 burner stove with oven.
- Miele microwave oven
- Frigonautica front-opening stainless steel refrigerator and freezer compartments
- Frigonautica front-opening stainless steel wine fridge
- Stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water supplies
- Manual salt water supply to galley
- Manual fresh water supply to galley
- 24vDC Tecma fresh-water electric heads – 2016
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
- Velo Compact 3.5RC 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system for aft cabin - 2016
- Diesel-fired hot-air cabin heating system with control at chart table
- Majestic HD LCD TV display at chart table
- Fusion stereo system with speakers in saloon and in cockpit – 2016
Summary of Accommodation
- Up to 7 berths in two double cabins, one twin bunk cabin and further occasional settee berth in saloon. Three heads.
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
- Owner cabin in forward area with double berth offset to port. Ample locker with mirror and storage space. Ensuite head and shower in forepeak.
- Dining area aft to port with dining table, settee and central bench seat. Storage space behind settee backrests. Bookshelves and lockers. Curtains for side windows. Two teak stripes in ceiling.
- Navigation area opposite to starboard with stowage for charts, books, pencils etc. Additional chart stowage under deck. Bulkhead space for mounting electronic instruments, radio equipment, etc. Master electric panel with safety circuit breakers and navigator's light.
- Galley aft of saloon area to port in walkthrough to aft cabin. Stove with oven. Drawers and glass racks for stowage of crockery. Cutting-board. Corian-covered work top with deep fiddles. Deep stainless steel sink units. Drying locker for dishes above, garbage container under. Stainless steel refrigerator and freezer compartments, both teak faced by Baltic Yachts.
- Guest bunk cabin opposite in starboard walkthrough to aft cabin. Twin bunks.
- Day heads aft of bunk cabin with shower.
- Owner’s Cabin aft with centreline double berth, hanging lockers outboard and further cabinetry offering extensive storage. Access to main saloon via walkthroughs to port and starboard.
- Ensuite heads to owner’s cabin with shower.
- Joinery work is to the highest standard. All joinery is teak faced with solid plywood or laminated teak frames and cappings. The teak structure is plain cut. The joinery is varnished throughout. Visible surfaces are varnished and hand rubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
- All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops. Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided. Canvas leeboards provided for berths in guest cabin. Curtains are provided for side windows and portlights. Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks. Locker doors are fitted with louvers for ventilation. Teak gratings in head.
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer.
- Corian countertops in galley
- Moulded FRP heads compartments painted in Awlgrip
- Leather upholstery in saloon.
- Sparcraft carbon fibre spars – painted white.
- Deck-stepped mast with three sets of swept-back carbon spreaders
- Carbon fibre boom
- Masthead rig configuration
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging – serviced 2016
- Navtec hydraulic adjustable vang, backstay and flattener
- Reckmann RS200/30 manual genoa furler
- Inboard chainplates
- Harken ball-bearing battencar system on mast for mainsail
- Frederiksen mainsheet system with adjustable track between cockpits
- Frederiksen genoa/jib tracks
- Spinlock jammers
- Gennaker furler
- Inner forestay for jib
- Running rigging replaced 2016
- 2x Lewmar 66EST 2-speed electric self-tailing genoa winches
- 2x Lewmar 54ST 2-speed manual self-tailing control line and mainsheet track winches
- 1x Lewmar 58EST 2-speed electric mainsheet / control line winch
- Millennium carbon laminate battened mainsail - 2016,
- Millennium carbon laminate furling genoa – 2016
- Millennium carbon laminate furling jib – 2016
- Furling gennaker – 2016
- Dacron battened mainsail – 2000
- Dacron furling jib – 2000
- Gennaker - 2000
- A pulpit and pushpit of high quality stainless steel tube are mounted on the bow and transom.
- Double life lines are installed passing through stainless steel stanchions.
- The life lines are of stainless steel rod and set up with turnbuckles at the after end.
- The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
- High quality marine standard hardware and fastenings used throughout.
- Folding passarelle
- Deck wash in forward sail/sheet locker
- Cockpit tables
Covers & Canvas:
- Sprayhood – 2016
- Bimini – 2016
- Boom cover - 2016
- Cockpit cushions
- Covers for helm wheel and winches
- Cover for tender
Tender & Outboard:
- Lomac 2.70m GRP rigid-bottom RIB -stowed on foredeck
- Mercury 4-stoke outboard engine - 2017
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lewmar 24vDC electric reversing anchor windlass
- Delta anchor with chain
- Warps and fenders
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Arimar Neptune Liferaft (8 man)
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- Navigation lights