“Seaworthy” “Strength of Construction” Performance”
“Ease of Handling” "Live-a-board comfort”
This two boat owner wants this boat sold and has reduced the price by $20K.
Andiamo is an immaculate and extremely well maintained one owner J/46. Commissioned for an avid and seasoned yachtsman here in Southern California, she is very well outfitted and equipped. Recent sail inventory, B&G electronics, rigging, halyards and lifelines in preparation for the 2015 Transpac to Hawaii. Rod Johnstone designed this cruising boat with performance capability on all points of sail, whereas a couple eager to go anywhere under sail, with confidence and relaxation and without the need for additional crew.
The carbon fiber rig weighs 375 pounds, versus 625 pounds that an aluminum mast would weigh. The center of gravity for the boat is lowered by 3-1/2 inches, and that equates roughly about a foot deeper keel. Construction is by Tillotson/Pearson (TPI) in the patented SCRIMP molding method which uses twice the amount of fiberglass and less resin resulting in a stronger lighter boat then hand-layup fiberglass found in most boats of this era.
The interior is finished in cherry and teak laminates and joiner work with a two-private cabin layout, the forward cabin is particularly spacious, featuring a head with separate show stall, and expansive storage and hanging space. The main cabin has a large centerline settee. The starboard half is in an L configuration, practical for using with one leaf open. There is a seagoing pilot berth to port and large navigator's station. The galley features ample cook preparation space and plenty of refrigeration storage.
Jeff Brown 619-709-0697 or email: Jeff@jk3yachts.com
Bob Purgavie 760-638-6466 or email: Robert@jk3yachts.com
Length Overall: 46.0'
Length at Waterline: 40.5'
Max Draft: 7.5' (Deep Keel)
100% Sail Area 1,021 Sq Ft
2015 B&G Chart plotters at chart table and Helm
B&G Hydra 2000 Navigation Pack
B&G Hydra Ram 360 Analog Wind Gauge
B&G Hydra Autopilot
Icom ICM710 MF/HF Transceiver
Standard Horizon G4 2000
Sony AM/FM/CD player with 4 speakers
Heart interface Link 2000
PHRF Rating = Random 45
Bolstered wrap-around cushions in main cabin (ultra suede/leather)
Radar mast thru-deck and underdeck mounting platform
Sea water washdown in anchor locker
Fenders and fender covers
Coast guard safety pack
First aid kit
• SCRIMP infusion molded sandwich construction using triaxial, biaxial and unidirectional glass reinforcements with Lloyd’s and ABS approved end-grained balsa core. (SCRIMP is the patented resin infusion molding process of TPI Technologies, Inc.)
• TPI transferable ten year warranty against hull blisters.
• Interplastic vinylester resin on the outer hull layer.
• Lead & antimony fixed 9,350 lb., 7.5’ draft, and fin/bulb keel bolted to a deep molded stub.
• White Gel Coat hull with double tapered bootstripe and molded indented cove stripe.
• Hull-to-deck joint bonded with 3M 5200 and Plexus MA550 on the transom, side decks are covered with a thru-bolted clear anodized aluminum toe-rail.
• Two lazarette lockers on fantail, port cockpit seat locker and port utility locker for helmsperson outboard of wheel.
• Propane locker outboard of wheel to starboard drained and vented overboard with two 10lb aluminum bottles.
• Molded instrument pods on port and starboard coamings and on wheel pedestal.
• Molded companionway seahood with integral instrument pod.
• (3) Dorade boxes molded integrally into deck for ventilating owner cabin, main cabin and forward head area.
• Molded swim platform with off-center gate and fold-up ladder.
• Gasketed bow anchor locker and spinnaker storage area with overboard drain.
• 316 stainless handrails on cabin trunk (4) total.
• GRP molded main structural bulkhead, glassed fore & aft on hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single door opening to v-berth cabin.
• Heavy duty molded structural keel support grid including engine bed, mast step, and longitudinal stiffeners.
• Fabricated aluminum mast step and engine bed tapping plates molded into structural keel grid.
• Positive traction nonskid on horizontal deck surfaces.
• Yanmar 4JH-TE turbo-charged 75hp, 4 cylinder, diesel engine with fresh water-cooling, dual Racor fuel filters and 140 amp Balmar alternator with a smart 3-step charge regulator.
• Yanmar C-type recessed engine instrument panel in cockpit with Acrylic cover including gauges for tachometer, fuel level, operating hour meter, fresh water temperature, amperage, oil pressure and oil temperature.
• Morse-type control gear shift and throttle mounted on pedestal.
• Parallel fuel system with 58 gallons in primary tank below the aft starboard berth, and 30 gallons in secondary tank behind aft bulkhead to starboard. Secondary tank gravity feeds into primary for 90 gallon total capacity.
• two blade 20” feathering Prop with 1.25” Aquamet shaft.
• AquaDrive self-aligning thrust bearing to minimize shaft vibration.
• Ultra Sound Acoustics VO-100 insulation in engine compartment.
• Balanced spade rudder constructed with unidirectional glass and large diameter shaft mounted in Edson custom rudder bearing to exceed ABS requirements.
• Aluminum emergency tiller.
• Edson 60” diamond series aluminum wheel with leather grip.
• Custom molded pedestal with guard and integral binnacle, 5” Ritchie compass, 9” x 12” instrument mounting area & Edson thru-shaft wheel brake.
• (2) Teak helm-station foot braces.
• Satin varnished cherry bulkheads and furniture panels with cold molded cherry trim, drawer and cabinet faces. Main bulkhead with single opening and recessed cherry paneled door with Mobella lock-sets. Forward and aft heads trimmed in teak.
• Cherry trimmed vinyl headliner throughout forward, main and aft cabins.
• Polyurethane teak & holly veneer floor panels with underside and end-grain sealed with epoxy.
• Choice of interior cushion fabric colors. (ultra-suede or ultra-leather options available)
• 5” layered & bolstered main settee split wrap-around cushions with two-tier split backrests. 4” foam cushions in fwd and aft cabins.
• Large twin berth forward cabin featuring 4 drawers, 4 lockers, hinge-up bunk tops to maximize storage; hinged V-berth filler; changing seat, hanging locker w/louvered door, and bureau/vanity with 2 drawers, locker, and cabinet above with cherry louvered doors & shelf.
• Forward head includes vanity with mirrored acrylic slider storage, teak towel rack, mirror storage cabinet below molded sink, enclosed by cherry paneled door (on outer face) and white laminate finish on head side.
• Shower stall all with teak slat bench seat, cabinet locker with mid-height shelf outboard, shower fixture mounted on bulkhead with adjustable shower faucet. Local self-priming pump services shower sump and drains overboard.
• Pilot berth in main cabin to port with small mid-height convenience shelf at aft end.
• Two storage cabinets with louvered doors to accommodate main cabin entertainment center above starboard settee.
• (2) Book storage shelves between cabinets with removable cherry retainer battens.
• One large drawer and one locker outboard of starboard settee backrest cushions.
• Settee backrests of cherry veneer and cherry trim.
• Varnished cherry wood hull slats in main, aft and V-berth cabins.
• Cherry main cabin drop-leaf table with removable fiddles, two drawers and internal bottle storage.
• Large 30 x 36 sit-down, forward-facing navigation station with hinged tabletop. Features include; outboard shelf, access to chart storage and sliding organizer tray below table top, cushioned seat of layered bolstered foam, instrument cabinet with (2) large wood panel faces hinged at the bottom for quick access, file storage drawer belownav seat to fit hanging files, binocular & misc. storage cabinet outboard of seat, and series of three utility drawers on inboard table support face.
• Starboard aft cabin with recessed cherry paneled door, hanging locker with louvered door and bureau/vanity with 2 large drawers, hinged footlocker, and cabinet with cherry louvered door & shelf. Additional drawer above engine.
• Aft head/shower combination accessed via cherry paneled door, wet hanging area outboard, cabinet below molded sink, mirror, (2) teak grab rails and direct access door to lazarette locker area equipped with fore and aft divider.
• Teak companionway steps cold molded with angled ends & Treadmaster non-skid for safe entrance and exit.
• Cherry overhead grab rails in main cabin.
• All drawers and cabinets with polished positive-latch push buttons.
• “Wheat Matrix” Fountainhead color for counter tops with cold-molded varnished & tapered cherry fiddles.
• Scandvik polished 8” deep SS double sink recessed below Fountainhead on forward island with deluxe hot/cold pressure-water gooseneck faucet and manual fresh water faucet with whale foot pump. Storage areas in louvered doors below sink for cleaning supplies and garbage pail with flip lid access.
• 6.5 cu.ft. Deluxe refrigeration storage and separate freeze, Refrigerator located on center island. Features include molded GRP box insulated with Glacier Bay Ultra R vacuum insulation panels and foam top. Organizing shelves & interior light included.
• 3.5 cu.ft. ice box, convertible to optional freezer, located outboard of sink. Featuring molded GRP box with 3-1/2” foam insulation and mounting space for refrigeration cold plates.
• Three-burner Force 10 propane stove/broiler/oven with thermostat control, patented slide-away oven door recess and S.S. stove bar. Additional storage foot locker below oven.
• Plate, bowl, cup, and glass storage compartment on bulkhead aft of stove.
• Top access dry good storage compartment below counter top directly outboard of sink.
• (3) Large cabinets mounted outboard and covered by three louvered cherry doors. Aft two cabinets installed with mid-height shelves.
• Dual slider cabinet, bin storage, and AC outlet mounted below cabinets.
• Flatware drawer, utensil drawer and utility cabinet with mid-height shelf and louvered door under outboard counter.
• Stainless grab post on forward inboard galley corner.
refrigeration storage,""and separate freezer
• Hot & cold pressure water system with 12-gallon hot water tank and accumulator tank. Service to (2) heads, forward
shower, galley, & swim platform shower.
• Self-priming direct sump pumps for showers draining into seacocks.
• Automatic bilge pump with float switch and dedicated panel in nav station wired direct to DC system.
• 120 gallons total water capacity in (2) custom molded tanks complete with baffles, inspection ports, and secured in
place below main cabin settee berths.
• Raritan PH-2 heads with holding tanks. Overboard “Y”- valve offshore discharge and holding tank pump out systems.
• Two manually operated bilge pumps, one mounted in the cockpit and another in aft head with hose to reach bilge.
(ORC category 2).
• Standard system batteries include: (1) group 4D (210 amp) and (2) group 31 (105amp) deep cycle batteries to serve
the house, and (1) Optima 1000 (1,100 CCA) battery for dedicated service to the engine. All batteries are Concorde’s
Lifeline AGM sealed, absorbed glass mat type series.
• ProMariner ProMatic 30-3 Battery Charger.
• 140 amp Balmar Alternator with Max Charge external regulator and temperature sensor for alternator, and Balmar
spike protection fuse.
• Batt/Maxx Automatic Battery Combiner System with remote momentary parallel switch near cockpit engine panel. .
• Master battery switch at nav station with 1,2,Both,Off for House batteries and single On/Off switch for engine start
battery mounted in aft cabin.
• Deluxe Bass AC/DC backlit electrical panel w/digital condition meters, circuit breakers, accommodation for optional
generator installation and air conditioning systems. Panel accommodates 33 DC breakers (24 occupied w/two spare
standard) and 11 AC breakers (9 standard).
• Navigation, steaming/foredeck, anchor and tri-color masthead lights.
• 30 amp 110VAC shorepower system with 6 outlets, 50ft shore power cord and ProMariner Galvanic Isolator with
• Bonding system to meet ABYC project E-1.
• Propane solenoid switch panel in galley.
• Ten swiveling Imtra stainless halogen reading lamps, halogen overhead lights in main cabin, flexible armed lamp at
navigation station, two florescent lights, one in each head.
• Four Hella variable speed cabin fans over berths.
• Upgraded electric winch on main halyard
• (2) Lewmar 64CCST self-tailing 2-speed all chrome primary winches with gear ratio of 3.1:1 in 1st gear and power
ratio of 64:1 in 2nd gear located in recessed bases on cockpit coamings.
• (2) Lewmar 54CCST self-tailing 2-speed all-chrome halyard/reef/spinnaker secondary winches on cabin trunk.
• (2) Lewmar 48CCST self-tailing 2-speed all-chrome mainsheet winches outboard of traveler in recessed bases.
• Thurston cockpit dodger with roll-up forward window, removable side curtains, stanchion supports and stainless grab
bar on aft edge.
• white acrylic cockpit cushions cockpit
• (2) Harken Black Magic 3010 (100mm) footblocks for genoa sheets when using dodger, mounted on cockpit
coamings aft of primary winches.
• (2) Harken Black Magic 3006 (75mm) double footblocks with lock-off outboard of the primaries for spinnaker sheets
• (2) Harken Black Magic 3005 (75mm) mainsheet foot blocks w/lockoffs mounted on angled pads at winches.
• 2:1 Mainsheet system consisting of (2) Harken 1969 AirBlocks (75mm) mounted on traveler and (1) 3007 AirBlock
(100mm) attached to boom bale.
• Harken 560-5 Big Boat mainsheet traveler track with Harken 1939/1935 car w/control blocks for 6:1 purchase led to
both sides of cockpit to 1893 track control ends through cockpit side mounted 222 blocks to 150 cam cleats. (2) 168
swivel blocks to adjust traveler from forward or aft side of track.
• Single rope clutch mounted in cockpit for headsail furling.
• Lewmar V-4 anchor windlass system with #203 rope/chain gypsy, manual override, 150 amp breaker in nav station,
hand held control unit mounted in forward deck anchor locker. Gypsy requires 3/8” ACCO G40 or G80 chain and 5/8”
• Custom 316 stainless mast collar with 10 bales for halyard and reef lines and forward halyard bar.
• (9) Schaefer 08-05 stainless halyard and reef blocks w/investment cast shackles.
• (4) Lewmar Superlock double rope clutches, mounted in pairs forward of each secondary winch.
• (2) Harken 1969 (75mm) AirBlocks shackled to U-bolts at transom corners for mainsail checkstays.
• (2) Harken 1969 (75mm) AirBlocks shackled to U-bolts aft on toerail for spinnaker sheets.
• (2) Clear anodized aluminum “T” tracks (13’ x l.25”) for jib/genoa leads. Additional 3’ x 1.25” track mounted outboard
of 100% jib position for outboard lead. (Note
• (2) Schaefer 32-33UC screw-pin type jib/genoa lead blocks.
• (2) Schaefer 05-99 snatch blocks for spinnaker twings.
• (2) Stainless t-track slider cars.
• Asymmetric spinnaker deck gear including: (2) Harken 1969• White molded flagstaff mounted in 316 SS deck socket on aft deck edge close to centerline with 4 x 6 American flag.
• ORC Bow pulpit of 316 SS with double rail offshore navigation lights and forward gate.
• ORC Stern rails of 316 SS w/2 rail split design including a stern boarding gate to starboard and stern light.
• Tapered 316 SS lifeline stanchions with SS bases mounted to toerail.
• Double lifelines with boarding gates to P&S.
• Padded Sunbrella lifeline covers for each lifeline outboard of helmsman’s station w/color to match dodger & bimini.
• Two 10” bow cleats, two 8” stern cleats, two 8” amidships cleats.
• Custom designed 316 SS bow roller/stemhead to accommodate Simpson-Lawrence
• Seven Lewmar Ocean series articulated, bronze tinted acrylic hatches: size 70 on foredeck, size 60 in main cabin, (4)
size 12 over forward cabin, aft cabin, shower, and head and (1) size 10 in aft head.
• White framed Bomar opening ports w/screens in cabin trunk and in cockpit walls for aft quarter cabin and head.
• Acrylic companionway hatch and two-part acrylic offshore drop-boards with inside/outside opening, lockable hasp.
• Four 12x20 and two 12x24 poly mesh line bags, one foredeck double line-bag.
• (4) Vetus 4” dorade cowl ventilators to service forward cabin and head and main cabin. Removable stainless guards
for forward dorades.
• 316 SS swim ladder with gray PVC treads mounted on swim platform. SS step with PVC tread mounted on transom.
• Hall Spars carbon fiber mast of pre-preg carbon fiber autoclaved at 80 PSI at 250 deg F. Mast includes double airfoil
carbon spreaders, carbon gooseneck, Awlgrip off-white finish, painted black bands, wire runs in conduit, Hall/Antal
mainsail track with loader and end fittings to accommodate sailmaker provided Antal mainsail sliders and/or boltrope.
Also included with the mast are; Spartite mast wedge material, offshore tricolor/anchor light, bow and deck light with
SS guard and flag halyard cheek block at masthead and cleat at deck.
• Hall Spars boom of 6061-T6 aluminum with off-white Awlgrip finish, welded gooseneck fitting, lug for QuikVang
internal 12:1 mainsail outhaul with external cleat, bale for mainsheet block and painted black bands. Outboard end to
accommodate single line reef to starboard and 2nd clew reef to port.
• Hall “J” length carbon fiber pole with 2 bridles and trip line, short track on front of mast, and two deck
mounted retaining clips shipped loose for owner to locate.
• Navtec continuous rod rigging and N690 style open body turnbuckles with headstay -17 pre-assembled for furling
system, backstay -17, uppers -17, intermediates -12, lowers -22.
• Harken MKIII Unit 2 size furling system with airfoil performance extrusion, corrosion proof spool and drum, tapered
torque tube, AirSwivel for reduced weight aloft, cast aluminum Hardcote anodized chafe guard, and all black low
stretch New England adjuster line.
• Hall Rigging package includes; two Technora jib halyards and one Spectra spinnaker halyard each with Wichard SS
shackles and flemish eye terminations, 2:1 main halyard of Technora with Wichard shackle, XLS Mainsheet and two
traveler control adjuster lines, two Spectra genoa sheets, two Maxi Plus tapered Spectra spinnaker sheets, one XLS
Dacron spinnaker tack line, single 3/8” Crystalyne checkstays that can be clipped forward when not in use, burgee
halyard of white 5/32” Dacron cord. Three reef lines are also included; Tack reef & clew reef #1, together, are one
continuous reef line to starboard. Tack reef #2 doubles as cunningham to port. Clew reef #2 is included with it’s own
dedicated hardware. 2:1 Whisker pole foreguy with Schaefer 504-09 block with snap shackle.
• Sailtech –17 Long integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
• Hall D-30 aluminum Quik-Vang w/ Harken 30:1 cascading adjuster tackle & powerful stainless return spring to lift
boom in light air and support boom with sail furled, eliminating the need for a topping lift.
• Custom designed 316 SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay tang.
2330 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92106