Are you dreaming of the great voyage or to do chartersailing in spectacular waters? This boat is specially designed by Oliver Racoupeau, following the guidance of the adventurer Jimmy Cornell. For over 40 years, Garcia Yachting has been noted worldwide for boats specially made for sailing in all waters. This has resulted in 300 Garcia sailingyachts operating across the globe from the Arctic to Antarctica. These boats represent the best of French aluminum boat designs. These are boats built by hand by the best materials of the best craftsmen at Garcia Yachting.
In 1986 Jimmy Cornell established the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers (ARC), the regatta known for thousands of sailors who wants to cruise the atlantic ocean in a loose convoy. Through his extraordinary sailing life, he has acquired the knowledge and ability to lead, and be a responsible skipper on a sailboat in all waters of all weather. This knowledge and experience has Cornell transferred to boat designer Oliver Racoupeau who has drawn this adventure of an expedition yacht. He choose these partners because, according to his view and experience, they are "the best aluminum yacht builders in the world". Garcia Yachting is the perfect complement to Allures and Outremer - with its prestigious 'know-how', while enjoying the benefits of new efficiency processes in the production.
Based on Cornell's plans for a vojage through the Northwest Passage in 2014-15, Garcia exploration 45 was constructed. All input from Cornell was taken into account throughout the process.
The manager of the yard summarizes the properties of Garcia exploration 45 in this way- "Think about what makes you sleep well through the night-it's not the thickness of the mattress, but a boat that will always take you safely home." This amazing cruise / expedition boat is so full of thoughtful solutions, good experiences and all the equipment you need to sail wherever you want it.
Jimmy Cornell used this boat as he sailed through the Northwest Passage in 2015. Consequently, all the equipment you need for proper expedition sailing is on board. She meets the requirements of Norwegian maritime authorities for passenger transport up to 12 people. She is equipped with two waterproof doors deviding the yacht in three waterproof parts. She is fully insulated (75 mm insulation) for sailing in cold waters.
She is equipped with the equipment you need to sail as safe and comfortable as possible at high latitudes and during general cruise sailing on all world seas. With Cornell's experience and standards , the solutions on board are specialized down to the smallest detail.
Garcia Exploration 45 comes in three versions, here is a description of this Cornell edition: In the bow you will find a large storage room. At the rear of this room there is a double cabin with plenty of closet space. On the side, in the front of the boat, there is a cabin with bunk beds. On the opposite side of this cabin you will find the a bath with all conveniences.
Midship you will find the large and contented lounge with 270 degree panoramic windows. The galley with all equipment is located on the port side and the navigation and steering position in front of the lounge on the starboard side. There are two double cabins in the stern of the ship. One with double bed and one with bunk beds. The second bathroom is on the starboard side.
She is designed, built and equipped to cope with the stresses of sailing wherever you want, from tropical waters to the truly challenging latitudes found in the Antarctic and Arctic. She is rigged in a way, with sataysail, which allows you to easily choose perfect sailing based on the conditions you may encounter. The "deckhouse" in front of the cockpit is large and provides good protection for wind and sea. With its length of 14.21 meters, a width of 4.44 meters and a deflection of 14.1 tons, you feel that this aluminum boat delivers what it's built for: Sailing on all seven seas. The anchor winch is located buy the mast, with execution for the chain. This gives the advantage that the weight of the winch and the 100 meter long anchor chain will be centered down to the keel. You will then ease the bow, which is a great advantage when the sea gets high.
The swingkeel allows you to choose between a depth of 1.14 and 2.9 meters. This opens up opportunities for exploring waters you normally do not have access to with a solid keeling system.
Motor and Equipment
- Retractable aluminum swingkeel
- Waterproof aluminium hatches to enhance safety
- All continuous welded aluminum fittings
- All valves placed above sea level
- Double glazed windows
- Thermal and acoustic insulation over the waterline of polyethylene foam panels
- Insulated floor (thick foam core)
- Chain box centrally located at the base of the mast
- Electrical anchorage in cabinets under deck just in front of the mast
- Centrally located water and fuel tanks
- Centrally located battery kit
- Generous storage space available throughout the boat
- Forfoot chainplate for towing and icebrushing
- Integrated buoyant stern for electronics, wind generator, solar panels
- Davids for hoisting of dingy
- 2 JEFA self-adjusting ball bearings to ensure optimum control in heavy seas
- Large aft platform with easy access to / from the water
- Lifeboat in cabinets available for launch from aft platform
- All important lines are controlled from the cockpit
- Ventilation and heating are excellent throughout all rooms
- Freshwater tanks 500 liters
- Extra VHF radio
- Additional GPS
- Dingy (rubber) with new engine
- 8 Viking survival suits
- 14 pieces of regatta fly vests
- Code zero sail
- Wind generator
- Solar panel
- Electro scan toilet
- 8 pcs heated duvets with pillows
- Comfy bed linen and towels for 8 pers
- TV and surround system
- All batteries in the boat new in 2017
- Volvo Penta - 75HK - NEW MAI 2017- Approx. 400 hours
- The engine will get full service from Volvo before taking over
Mooring and Anchorage
-1500w electric anchor winch located in front of the mast (to ease her bow and center the weight over the keel)
- The chain box located at the base of the mast
- Rocna 33 anchor in the bow with 100 meter galvanized 10 mm chain
- Integrated rolls with anchor axle stern for hedge anchors
- 8 crossbar (330mm) in aluminum on deck
- 2 cross-sections (160 mm) in aluminum on each side of the arch