The vessel was built as an icebreaker and meticulously operated and maintained by the Swedish Maritime Authority. In 2001, she underwent a complete conversion to polar expedition cruise ship. The vessel is classed with DNV as a SOLAS compliant passenger ship with an Ice Class of 1A (Super Ice Class). She is large enough to voyage to remote areas in comfort and small enough to enter out of the way destinations.
The vessel can carry 105 passengers, with 47 exterior cabins onboard. She has a separate panoramic lounge and passenger restaurant. All cabins have private bathrooms, closets, desks, and chair. There is a lecture hall, small gym, library and bar. The ship is strongly built and underwent extensive upgrades and repairs in 2012 dry dock. This is a well founded ship available at an attractive price. Owners will consider serious offers.
LBP: 79.49 m
Beam: 21.21 m
Depth: 9.5 m
Draft: 6.55 m
GRT (ITC 69): 4998
NRT (ITC 69): 1500
Maximum Complement: 155
Total Passengers: 105
Twin Screw Diesel Electric Propulsion
DC/DC Propulsion System with (2) dedicated Diesel Generators
Economical Operation provided by (1) Diesel Generator powering (2) Propellers providing an average speed of over 11 knots. With (2) additional Generators running, the vessel can obtain speeds over 14 knots.
(4) Ship Service Generators providing 440V/220V/110VAC at 60 Hertz. During normal operations, the vessel uses (2) of the (4) Generators. Electrical Power throughout the vessel is 220VAC with additional 110VAC in passenger cabins.
(2) Wartsila (Sulzer) 9MH51 Propulsion Diesel Engines, 2580 kW @ 330 rpm
(2) Stromberg GTOUL 155/355 Propulsion Generators, 2 x 1200 kW, 400 VDC
(2) Stromberg GTOUL 180/656 Propulsion Motors, 2 x 1700 kW, 150 rpm
(4) Wartsila 614T Main SS Generator Diesel Engines, 455 kVA, 600 rpm
(1) Caterpillar 3406 Emergency Generator Diesel Engine, 250 kW
(2) Wartsila Auxiliary Boilers, 2.4 m3
(1) Rolls-Royce Marine TT 1650 AUX FP Bow Thruster, 680 kW
(2) Wartsila 4-blade Fixed Pitch Steel Propellers, 4200mm diameter
Fuel Oil: 14 m3/day
Potable Water: 15-19 m3/day
Fuel Oil (MDO) 1175
Fresh Water 261
Water Ballast 859
Lube Oil 350
RECENT UPGRADES & WORK
New Radar Installation
New Gyro Compass Installation
Realignment of Main Engines
Completion of Class Renewal survey
Docking Spring 2010
Hull Thickness Gauging
Renewed Shaft Seals
Blasting and Coating of Aft Peak Water Ballast Tank
Blasting and Coating of FW Tank #2
Overhaul of Diesel Engine #4
Bottom Repair due to grounding
Triple/Double Cabins: (5) 100 sqft cabins with (2) lower and (1) upper berths and portholes. Share bathroom facilities with next cabin.
Double Cabins: (31) 115 sqft cabins with (2) lower beds and large windows. Private bathroom. Some cabins with opening window.
Superior Cabins/Mini-Suites: (11) 140 and 180 sqft cabins with double bed and convertible couch. Private bathroom. Opening window.
Suites: (2) 250 sqft cabins with sitting area and separate bedroom. Private Bathroom. Opening window.
P.O. Box 752 Port Washington Blvd.
Port Washington, NY 11050