Classic S&S Tartan 41, from 1973, with experienced owners who have shown her to be a competitive offshore racer. With many recent upgrades, she has been well loved and family cruised, as well as hitting the race circuit. Now seriously for sale.
Note: Asking price significantly reduced April 2018. The boat has sustained some damage during a winter storm. There are some scratches on the hull,and damage to the sternrail, and stanchions.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Дополнительные спецификации, оборудование и информация:
Верфь: Tartan Yachts
Дизайнер: Sparkman & Stephens
Киль: Плавниковый киль
Наибольшая длина (LOA): 40 футы 5 дюймы
Ширина: 12 футы 2 дюймы
Минимальная осадка: 7 футы 1 дюймы
Водоизмещение: 9979 кг
Общая мощность: 30 HP
Марка двигателя: Westerbeke
Модель двигателя: 27A
Тип двигателя: Стационарный
Тип двигателя/топлива: Дизель
Гребной винт: Складной винт
Мощность двигателя: 30 HP
Число односпальных коек: 8
Число кают: 2
Число санузлов: 1
The Tartan 41 AURORA is a well-known classic Sparkman and Stephens design with an enviable inshore and offshore race record. With more than 10 Bermuda races under her hull - including class victories in 2008 and 2012- she has been equipped and maintained to a high performing race standard.
AURORA has a modified deep spade rudder, replacing the original skeg, which greatly helps in tracking, speed and turning. The bottom has been faired and burnished and is maintained at a top racing level ‘like glass’ finish. Deck gear has been upgraded with a Harken traveler and self-tailing primaries. The standing rigging was replaced in 2011, and the hull Awlgripped in 2010. While she could use a refresh of varnish down below, her domestic, sailing and auxiliary systems are well maintained and reliable.
AURORA is a solid and powerful boat with exceptional racing and passage making traits, yet she is comfortable to cruise or to bay race with family and friends. If you are looking for a platform for family adventuring, near or far, or a top-of-the-fleet Bermuda race finish, or both, AURORA is the boat for you.
This S&S design is similar to a Swan 41, and like all boats of her era, has great seakeeping qualities that will never go out of style. While simple in systems, Aurora has also been well loved, and family cruised as well. Seriously for sale, as her owners have purchased a bigger boat.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Bridge Clearance: 60’.
- Original gelcoat decks.
- Dark Green Awlgrip topsides (2011).
- Faired bottom, VC Offshore (re-sprayed 2017) wet sanded / burnished.
Keel & Rudder:
- Custom large, deep spade rudder (vs. skeg mounted original) new bearings 2010.
- All lead keel, glassed and faired keel to hull joint, deep interior bilge sump with drain.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Westerbeke 27A 30hp diesel engine.
- Direct drive type.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: 2,655.
- Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2,200RPM.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2-bladed folding propeller.
- Pedestal wheel steering with brake & guard (rebuild 2017).
- 2 G27 AGM (92Ah each) batteries for house loads. New 2017.
- 1 G27 AGM (92Ah) starting battery.
- 120A Balmar w/ Smart Regulator.
- Balmar ARS-5 Smart regulator.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot and cold pressurised water system.
- 5 gallon Engine heated hot water tank.
- Manual & automatic bilge pumps.
- Total capacity of 53 gallons.
- Fuel Tanks: 2 – under port settee (35 gallons, SS), center bilge tank (18 gallons, SS).
- Total capacity of 90 gallons.
- Fresh Water Tanks: 2 – under starboard settee (50 gallons, fiberglass), under port quarter berth (40 gallons, flexible).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 15 gallons.
- Holding Tanks: 1 (15 gallons, fiberglass).
- Ritchie Globemaster binnacle mount compass.
- Raymarine ST60 series (Depth/Speed, Wind, Close Hauled Wind, ST 6002 Autopilot).
- Dual Channel Class B AIS transponder.
- ICOM VHF w/DSC and cockpit command mic (inop).
- Garmin GPS.
- All Instruments, GPS, Autopilot, AIS connected to NMEA network with USB interface to laptop (not incl.).
- Second color LCD display (DC powered) at nav station for expanded navigation desktop.
- Icom SSB radio and tuner.
- Stereo (AM/FM/CD/AUX) with cabin and cockpit speakers.
- Permanently installed satellite phone antenna (connection for phone at nav station).
- Radar mast with Edson mount (removed).
- Four burner propane stove with oven.
- Double stainless steel sink with hot/cold pressure water with 5 gal water heater (engine and shore power heating)
- Cold pressure water fitted with water filtration system.
- Manual fresh and salt water.
- Dorade Vents, with Stainless steel vent.
- All cabin lights LED.
- All Navigation (and anchor) lights LED.
- Halogen steaming light and foredeck light.
Summary of Accommodation:
Description of layout from forwards:
- Large V-berth with filler piece 6'6" long.
- Storage below berth and outboard along hull.
- Large opening deck hatch with external screen cover.
- Straight settee to starboard.
- L-shaped settee to port.
- Upper and lower bunks port and starboard with lee cloths
- Removable custom teak dinette table centerline. (Replace with gear locker for ocean racing)
- Teak and holly floor.
- Opening deck hatch with external screen cover
- Light prisms
- 4 fixed port lights
- Drop leaf folding dining table stows against main salon bulkhead is removable.
- Custom crew gear storage system for offshore racing mountable when dining table removed.
- Located to port aft.
- Plenty of storage drawers and cabinets.
- Marine toilet (Raritan manual) with holding tank (Y valve for deck or overboard discharge).
- Integral shower.
- Drawers and cabinets for storage.
- Lewmar opening hatch with screen.
- Hanging locker opposite the head to starboard.
- Pilot berths with lee cloths located fully aft to starboard and port.
- Extensive storage between berths for deck gear, rafts, extra cooler, etc.
- Keel stepped Single spreader aluminum mast, and aluminum boom.
- Aluminum spinnaker pole with deck mounting.
- Double genoa halyards (2015).
- Double spinnaker halyards (2017).
- Mechanical/hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Harken roller furling with removable drum.
- Double luff groove headstay.
- Spectra removable check stays.
- Spectra removable baby stay.
- Spectra inner forestay.
- Standing rigging (wire and all hardware) replaced 2011.
- Harken Mainsheet traveller on companionway step.
- Lewmar two speed self-tailing primary winches.
- Barient secondary cockpit, cabin house and halyard winches.
- North Dacron mainsail with two reefs (~2010) Dark Grey mainsail cover.
- UK Dacron cruising/delivery mainsail.
- Storm trysail.
- Storm jib.
- Heavy Staysail.
- Convertible genoa/spinnaker staysail.
- Symmetrical (3) and asymmetrical (1) spinnakers.
- #2 Genoa (142%) North Norlam (~2012) w/UV leech cover.
- #3 Genoa (110%) battened, Kevlar (~2012).
- #1 Genoa (152%) North 3DL carbon reacher.
- Well protected T-shaped cockpit fully aft.
- Bow and stern pulpits.
- Double lifelines with gates to port and starboard, and hiking pads.
- Magma Propane grill – w/ rail mount.
- Tool box
- Electrical box
- Sail repair kits
- Removable midships boarding/ swim ladder.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 40lb Bruce anchor with 30' of ½”chain and 200' of 7/8" heavy rode.
- 50lb Danforth style, fluke with 30' chain and 150' rode.
- 4 Fenders, 4 docklines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Removable dodger, dark grey canvas.
- Custom Fairclough frame and cover.
- Sunbrella cockpit enclosure.
Tender & Outboard:
- Inflatable 8’ dinghy in valise (West Marine, ~2000)
- Outboard engine (Mercury 3.3hp, 2 stroke, ~2000, very reliable)
- Propane solenoid.
- Flare gun and flares.
- 6 Lifejackets – Type 1
- Jack lines.
- Hardpoints fitted at companionway, in cockpit fwd, and at helm
- Emergency tiller.
- Smoke / Carbon monoxide detector.
- EPIRB (connected to ships GPS)
- Countless safety details fitted to comply with Newport Bermuda Race rules (Battery, floorboard, hatch cover retention, companionway restraints and latches, tankage management, redundant antennas, knives at mast and helm, etc).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.