Second Wind is a highly customized Endeavour 42 that has been continually upgraded. Every system has been thoroughly examined and the best replacement gear has been used.
Originally a standard Johan Valentijn Endeavour 42, Second Wind has had both a handsome bowsprit forward and functional swim platform with a ladder on the stern.
Both the running and standing rigging has been replaced. She sports a Yanmar 68 hp diesel engine with 1500 hours and a 5.5 kw Northern Lights generator with only 480 hours running time.
Second Wind is also fully air-conditioned for your comfort aboard.
A husband and wife team bought the boat and did a total refit that ran up to $300,000. Everything has been replaced on board with the finest gear available for comfortable, safe passage making.
Unfortunately, they are getting divorced and the boat must be sold! Their demise could be a great deal for you, the Buyer.
To fully appreciate what the owners have done to make Second Wind such a special yacht please click on and read the upgrades and features.
Дополнительные спецификации, оборудование и информация:
Верфь: Endeavour Yachts
Дизайнер: Johan Valentijn
Страна приписки: Соединенные Штаты Америки
Киль: Плавниковый киль
Форма корпуса: Однокорпусное
Наибольшая длина (LOA): 48 футы 0 дюймы
Ширина: 13 футы 0 дюймы
Длина по ватерлинии (LWL): 33 футы 4 дюймы
Длина палубы: 42 футы 0 дюймы
Максимальная осадка: 6 футы 0 дюймы
Водоизмещение: 25000 фунты Загрузка на половину
Балласт: 9000 фунты
Воздушный габарит для прохода под мостами: 64 футы 6 дюймы
Высота в помещениях: 6 футы 2 дюймы
Общая мощность: 68 HP
Марка двигателя: Yanmar
Год постройки: 2005
Тип двигателя: Стационарный
Тип двигателя/топлива: Дизель
Место стоянки: Центр
Часы наработки двигателя: 1500
Гребной винт: Винт с тремя лопастями
Тип привода: С прямым приводом
Мощность двигателя: 68 HP
Крейсерская скорость: 7 узлы
Максимальная скорость: 8 узлы
Топливные баки: 75 Алюминий
Число односпальных коек: 1
Число двуспальных коек: 3
Число кают: 2
Число санузлов: 2
Скорость и направление ветра
Динамики в кокпите
Грот со сквозными латами
Ручная трюмная помпа
Электрическая трюмная помпа
Насос забортной воды
Электрический разъем для подключения на берегу
Электрическая цепь: 12В
Внешнее и дополнительное оборудование
Палуба для купания
Кронштейны подвесного мотора
Душ в кокпите
Стол в кокпите
Электрическая якорная лебедка
Приспособления для рифления (Lazyjack)
Автоматическое рифление (Lazy bag)
Перекрытие генуэзского стакселя
Second Wind is a center cockpit style yacht with new bowsprit, radar arch, stern platform, and davits. She is easy to walk around and inside (6’2” headroom) and out and designed to be both stiff and fast. She has a three-quarter keel and a separate skeg for her new rudder. A true blue water vessel, she is very sea kindly and with a 6’ draft she points extremely well. For a heavy boat, she can clock 7 knots easily in a 10 to 12-knot wind. Her long and narrow bow negates the discomfort of rough seas extremely well.
Built of long-distance cruising she has every creature comfort down below that even some of the newest yachts often don’t have. Even though the owners jokingly say that there is really nothing left of her original 1984 build, it really is quite true. Besides the major items like tanks, engine, generator, water maker, refrigeration and air conditioning, even her cabin top was reconfigured to accommodate big wide opening ports. Additionally, the other systems that have been replaced or upgraded are as follows: stanchions, sails and standing and running rigging, chainplates, wiring and lighting, plumbing and fixtures, portholes and hatches, main winches replaced with electric ones, all electronics and radar, windlass and anchor locker, water heater, bilges pumps and much more…
Second wind is a two stateroom center cockpit design. The main salon hosts around adjustable height table which can seat five people comfortably and can be converted into a double bunk. There is s widescreen 54” high def. smart TV on the bulkhead above it and bookshelves and cabinet storage beside it to port. The settee on the starboard side folds out into a comfortable double bunk also and has bookshelves and cabinets above it. All of the cushions in the salon were refinished with Nauga Soft in a light cream color. Aft of the settee is the navigation station where the new electrical panels are located. Behind one of the panels is a hidden gun/valuables locker. Beneath the entry stairs is large access for the generator.
The galley is located partially in the main salon and in the walk-thru to the master stateroom on the port side. The galley has both a large drop-in freezer and a separate drop-in refrigerator both with new compressors. The countertops were replaced with Corian. The dish storage area was rebuilt to accommodate more storage. She has a propane three burner gimbaled stove with broiler and oven, a microwave and two outlets in the galley for other electrical appliances and a stainless steel double sink with new faucet and soap dispenser. There is a large access for the engine room from the walk-through of the galley and from the master head. The engine room has lead back insulation for sound.
The master stateroom has a standard queen size memory foam covered bed. There are six deep drawers of storage and two hanging lockers in the master stateroom. It also has two seats at the foot of the bed for dressing. The aft head has an electric macerator toilet and sink in one area and a separate shower with seat and 6’6 headroom. Going forward from the salon on your starboard side is a hanging locker in the salon with a liquor cabinet above it. On the port side is a head that is accessible from both the salon and the forward cabin. It has a sink and electric macerator toilet in one area and a separate shower stall with the seat.
The forward cabin has a large hanging locker, six small drawers and a bunk that is the same square footage as a queen-sized bed. There is ample storage cabinets above the bunk on both sides and hangers for fishing rods underneath. This yacht has 6’4” headroom throughout and the joiner work of the interior teak is exceptionally beautiful. Her entire interior was stripped and refinished with a clear finish Imron varnish in a six coat system.
All of her tanks for water and fuel were replaced with new aluminum tanks with more capacity added. In the process of replacing tanks, the flooring had to be removed and was replaced with new teak and holly soles. Extra floor hatches were installed for better access to below floor storage.
System Replacements & Other Equipment
- 2008 The fuel and water tanks were removed and replaced with new aluminum tanks and in the process, the fuel capacity was increased.
- 2009 We added the swim platform which has a stainless steel structure, Epi wood platform and a bracket for the floating swim ladder.
- 2008 All of the stainless steel stanchions were removed and replaced with taller stanchions.
- 2009 We added a bow sprint which hangs two anchors and has a built-in teak seat.
- 2009 We installed a stainless steel arch with internal wiring feeds and two built-in seats.
- 2019 We added davits for the dinghy on the arch.
- 2009 We replaced all the standing rigging including the chainplates, stays, halyards and all associated hardware.
- 2017 We installed a new roller furling for the headsail.
- 2019 Rebuilt and moved electric windlass.
- 2015 All of the hatches except the Master stateroom hatch have been replaced with new hatches.
- 2015 All of the portholes have been replaced and in the process, we converted the stationary glass windows in the main salon to wider opening portholes.
- 2015 She has been painted with Imron on both topsides and Deck. And she received the bottom job in February 2018.
- 2010 Rudder was replaced.
- 2015 Roll-out garbage drawer was added in the galley when the cabinets were re-configured.
- 2017 Fully battened main with stack pack
- 2017 130% roller furling Genoa 2017 Sunbrella Linen look light grey Bimini, cushions, equipment and hatch covers, lee cloth and a large fly that covers the back deck behind the bimini.
- 2017 All lines including the halyards.
- 2010 Replaced the jib sheet winches with new electric winches.
- 2005 5.5KW Northern Lights generator with 480 hours
- 2018 6 100 AMP AGM Batteries are 6 volt in series with a 900 AMP start batterie for the generator and engine.
- 2010 TheInverter is a 3000 watt with a 140 AMP charger
- 2010 New electrical wiring
- 2017 New electrical panel.
- 2017 All new LED lighting with dimming by Marine Beam 2018 3 gallon water heater that also heats off the manifold.
- 2017 Automatic fire extinguisher system 2005 Yanmar 68 HPdiesel with 1500 hours
- 2009 Lewiston 48 Electric jib sheet wenches
- 2009 New macerator heads, all sink and shower valves and drain pumps. All new plumbing lines throughout.
- 2018 Soap and shampoo dispensers 2017 2 New electrical macerator heads
- 2010 Both refrigerator and freezer complete systems were replaced.
- 2010 2 new air conditioners and their associated ductwork.
- 2017 Garmin navigation touch screen on pedestal
- 2017 Garmin auto pilot, depth, speed, vessel alert system and a smart pump that allows it to adjust to wind shifts
- 2017 Fusion Stereo with Blue Tooth and 3 zones (exterior, salon and staterooms) includes all new speakers
- 2017 2 Garmin VHF radios including a Commander mike at the helm
- 2017 Rebuilt Garmin 24”Radar with 36 mile range
2 Anchors are a 45lb. CQR with 100’ of chain and 150 feet of ¾” rope and a 45lb. Plow with 280’ of ¾” rope
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.