SOLAR WIND is a well built boat that is offshore ready for very reeasonable price. Check over the full specifications. With SSB, Alpha Autopilot, diesel heatter, Solar panels, high output alternator.....the list goes on, she is extremely well equipped.
Wauqueiz Pretorien 35's are great boats. They have two private state rooms, a very nice seagoing galley with lots of storage capacity, and they sail very well, functioning as a true Cruiser Racer. "SOLAR WIND" has been well kept by a knowledgeable owner and is definitely worth a look for someone looking for quality, performance and equipment at a reasonable price.
For additional information and showing of this quality yacht please contact listing agent Bill Adams. I am always available on my mobile phone at 415-425-5099 or send an e-mail to me: email@example.com
The layout on SOLAR WIND is well thought out. Teak is used through out, with teak and holly floorboards. The upholstery is luxurious blue fabric in the main salon. There is good light and ventilation. Spending time below, it is hard to believe that you are aboard a 35 footer with a good balance of interior accommodations, storage and creature comforts.
Aft and to port is a large single quarter berth. This is an enclosed cabin with hanging locker and bench seat. There is a port that opens into the cockpit and a book shelf.
Just forward of the aft quarterberth cabin is a full sized, sit down, forward facing navigation station. The teak table lifts with storage under. The breaker switches are on the aft bulkhead behind the seat. There is book and manual storage to port and additional cabinet storage beneath the table and storage under the contoured seat.
Across from the nav table to starboard is the u-shaped galley and forward of the nav and galley is the main salon. In the salon to port is a straight settee. The leather upholstery is blue. There is a cut out to stick your feet in under the chart table to make this a full length berth. Opposite to starboard is a U-shaped settee with a dining table and fold out leafs. There is seating for 4 at this settee. There is storage behind the seat backs of both settees. Above both settees and outboard is a bookshelf set between two cabinets. In the pass through from the salon to the forward stateroom is a hanging locker with cabinet beneath.
In the forward stateroom is a comfortable double v-berth with infill. Just aft of the berth is a hanging locker, cabinet and shelf. Under the v-berth is storage and holding tank for the head. The enclosed head is to starboard.
Forward V Berth Stateroom
● Sleeps 2 on custom made Dean Douglas double spring mattress. Includes filler cushion.
● Private access to head to starboard
● Large hanging locker to port, shelf and drawers
● Spacious cabinet storage underneath bed
● Enclosed shelving along length of V berth above bed
Aft Quarter Berth
● Sleeps 2 on custom made Dean Douglas double spring mattress.
● Built in seat
● Standing room at entrance
● Hanging locker to port
● Converts to a double berth by a custom fabricated high-low table.
● Features a U-shaped dinette to starboard with custom fabricated high-low table that
extends. Original cushions replaced in September 2011 by Kissinger Canvas (custom
● Pullman settee to port.
● Headroom 6’4”
● Ample storage cabinets under seating, behind and above
● All teak wood throughout
● Isotemp water heater, installed January 2013 under dinette seating
Designed to starboard for offshore sailing.
● Ceramic tile counter tops
● Double stainless steel sinks with Corian cutting boards
● GE microwave over the sink in built-in teak custom cabinet
● INO gimbal two-burner gas stove and oven
● Pressure and manual fresh and salt water
● Storage to starboard for larder, silverware and flatware
● Dry lockers
● Hot and cold water over sink, converts to shower
● Jabsco Head, installed January 2007
● Storage cabinets
This is an excellent seagoing U-shaped galley with superior storage. There is a countertop loading storage bin, cabinets with sliding doors and shelf above the stove. There is an additional storage cabinet aft of the refrigerator as well as two places to store pots and pans under stove and under fridge. Under the sink is a cabinet for trash and cleaning goods. The refrigerator is top loading with ample space. The galley in the Pretoriens rival boats 10 feet longer when it comes to storage and working space.
The electrical system is well suited for offshore use. With 450 ah of battery capacity, high output alternator, solar panels and wind generator, "First Light" has a lot of tools for charging. The boat utilizes 110 volt AC and 12 volt DC. There is also a Cruising Systems voltage regulator, battery monitor and Heart charger inverter.
Hull topsides and deck are all in good shape. The topsides shine. On deck you find a boat well equipped for offshore passage making. The sturdy dodger has handholds.On the stern is a stainless arch with antennas and a solar panel. In the cockpit to starboard is lazarette storage. This cavernous lazarette space wraps around to the stern. The winches in the cockpit are upgrades to Lewmar Oceans self tailers.
● Large wheel steering
● Manual holding tank in head forward with Y valve
● Ardic 41D forced air heater (diesel) with cabin thermostat
● Major engine overhauled at 3000 hrs. Now engine at 4890 hrs.
● Bilge blower
● One automatic and two manual bilge pumps
● Engine details include fresh water cooling system, fuel, water and oil filters, engine and
stove shut off valves
● Cruising consumption is ½ gallon per hour of diesel fuel
● Volvo 3 blade aluminum propeller
● 3 cylinder engine with aluminum sail drive
● Aluminum mast stepped on keel
● Heavy duty wire standing rigging
● Harken Mk 4 Unit 1 roller furling. Installed November 2015
● Two Lewmar 48 and two Lewmar 40 self#tailing winches
● Three winches on mast for first and second reed, and outhaul
● Adjustable manual backstay with radar arch
● Manual boom vang “Quick Vang” by Hall
● Harken Big Boat traveler
● Harken blocks, fair lead cars with adjustable lines
● Stainless steel radar arch with Bimini and one 52W solar panel
● Sails include 140% Genoa, 112% Jib, a main by Pineapple Sails, a 98% storm jib and ½
oz (980 sq ft) cruising spinnaker with sock
● All sails Dacron
● Whisker pole
● Spectra running back stays
● Bow pulpit with rails, side stanchions fastened to the rail (not through the deck).
● Solid glass hull
● Four on-deck storage lockers
● New dodger and sail cover May 2011 - Kissinger Canvas
● Stainless steel step ladder can be bolted to either rail
● New wheel cover Canvas May 2011.
● Emergency tiller
● Bronze sea cocks/ball valves - replaced December 2012
● Steel keel bolts with connecting plates
● Copper grounding throughout
● Two aluminum propane 10 gal tanks in vented lazarette
● Bimini Canvas for over cockpit
● Two fire extinguishers
● Monitor wind vane and extra wind blades (Not installed)
● Fenders and extra mooring lines
● Two 33 gallon stainless steel water tanks with gauges
● One 22 gallon stainless steel diesel tank with bottom outlet
● Stainless steel bracket to haul outboard engine on board
● Man overboard pole
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyer should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht, and should instruct his agents, or his surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.