Join one of the fastest growing and competitive racing One Design Fleets in the United States and sail/race against some of the best sailors in the World including the likes of Dennis Conner, John Bertrand, Vince Brun, Bruce Nelson, Peter Isler, etc. etc... Race in the local fleet with free races every month or travel around the world racing in various fleets.
Race Ready Ontario Etchell 22 #1044 For Sale. By far one of the nicest maintained and cared for Etchells in the San Diego Fleet. Very fresh, crispy like new sails, not used since the E22 World Championships in San Diego, running and standing rigging all replaced with new etc. in preparation for Etchells Worlds. Included Coveted Proctor Mast, similar Mast and stiffness to what of multi World Champion Bill Hardesty uses. Professionally Maintained to the highest level. Single Axle (Easiest to move around parking lot) Trailer with three trailer boxes and spare tire Included. New Full boat cover and new Foil covers for Keel and Rudder. TacTick Racing compass and bracket. Sails hardly used. Located San Diego Yacht Club.
If you want to dip your toe into racing, there is NOT a more affordable and pure way to race than in the San Diego Etchells Fleet with different abilitys and levels through out the fleet. Sailors from all over the Nation come to San Diego to race Etchells, right here in our own back yard.
Gulf and East Coast Deliveries Possible with additional Charge. Call or email Mike Dorgan for full details.
Make an OFFER!-Seller wants the boat SOLD due to Change of Plans... HUGE PRICE DROP!!!!
Call Mike Now for Details!
For Additional Information and/or to make an appointment to see the vessel, please contact Dorgan Yachts, Inc. Central Listing Agent Mike Dorgan via phone or email. Available 24/7 And look forward to talking to you.
Vessel is located in the Shelter Island area in San Diego and only a 5 minute ride from the San Diego International Airport.
• Etchells 1044 Ontario built in 1994
• Single axle trailer built in Michigan with 2 Ontario Yachts long dock boxes and 1 storage box
• 8 ft fiberglass ladder
• Always covered
• New North Sails deck and topside cover in medium grey
• Foil covers
• New lifting harness
• New topping lift
• Extra set of running rigging
• Proctor mast removed cleaned and waxed with full lube and service March 2014
• Front bulkhead upgrade
• All controls work great
• Boat was faired by previous owner David Whelan owner of Gulf Coast Composites in Texas
• Previous owners David Whelan - John Kolius
• Includes sails purchased January 2011: Main PC-F & Jib LM-2 used at the World Championship in San Diego with little use since
• Includes sails purchased November 2009: Main PC-F, Jib LM-2, Jib LM-2 H, Spin VMG & Spin Full Radial Runner
OPEN Sail Card
2500 Shelter Island Drive #IC
(Located in the Driscoll Boat Yard)
San Diego, CA 92106