TAURANGA is an elegant Downeast flybridge cruiser with hull and deck by Duffy and all finish work by Wilbur Yachts, a superb collaboration. She is faster than most “Lobsteryachts” and her fit and finish is to an exceptionally high standard.
Location is Southwest Harbor ME. Indoors at Hinckley.
For complete details please contact Central Agent Brian Commette at Northrop and Johnson, Newport office, (401) 848-5500, Cell (401) 965-5226. To email Brian.Commette@NorthropandJohnson.com
For over 50 years Northrop and Johnson has provided our clients with timely, accurate information to help them acquire the right yacht. This service requires professional, experienced brokers and cannot be solely derived from the Internet. To view other Northrop and Johnson listings, please visit our website: www.northropandjohnson.com
The master stateroom, located forward, has an island berth with drawer storage below. The finish utilizes satin varnished cypress sheathing with white bulkheads and a teak and holly cabin sole. To starboard is a large hanging locker and to port is a built-in bureau with a set of six drawers. There is ample ventilation with six opening ports and an overhead hatch with Sky screen. The forward cabin also has reverse cycle air conditioning.
The dedicated head with Sealand Vacuflush toilet, vanity and stainless steel sink is next aft and to starboard. The spacious shower compartment with second vanity, stainless steel sink and Scanmix shower mixer is opposite the head to port. Both the head and shower areas have fiberglass soles and teak doors.
Up four steps is the pilothouse/salon/galley The helm is to starboard with a sliding pilothouse door providing access to the starboard deck. The custom teak helm seat is attached to a custom cabinet which provides useful storage space and a set of drawers. A matching teak nav seat is situated to port with additional storage underneath. The salon is equipped with teak valances for the custom window treatments.
The galley is aft of the helm to starboard and is laid out in a U shape with a refrigerator, two bay sink and a three burner propane stove with oven.
To port is a settee with a storage cabinet aft. The settee pulls out to create a proper double berth with storage underneath. Sliding storage trays are available under the settee. The hi-low teak table in the salon seats up to six. The teak joinery is outstanding and the attention to detail is equally impressive.
The flybridge is accessed via a ladder to port in the cockpit. There is a folding aluminum mast for electronic antennae. Flybridge helm station is to starboard with full instrumentation and repeater electronics. Companion seating is to port.
Cockpit serves numerous purposes with transom door, tackle storage locker, AC/DC cooler in a custom cabinet, seating bench aft, hot & cold shower fixture and space for a few captain’s chairs.
• Norcold refrigerator/freezer with custom teak-faced door
• Three burner plus oven Princess propane stove
• Custom teak dish storage with service items for 6, under counter garbage bin
• The hull is dark green; deck is light beige Awl-Grip.
• Bright varnished teak bow pulpit with custom stainless bow rail
• Suitable teak hand rails for maneuvering around on deck
• Bright varnished teak swim platform with custom teak swim/boarding ladder on transom
• Edson davits, Awlgripped to match the hull.
• Appropriate fenders and docklines
• Fresh water deck wash down system;
• Lofrans Tigres electric windlass
• 33 lb. Bruce Anchor w/200 ft. of 3/8” chain
• Windshield wipers and washers
• Caterpillar 3408TA 800 hp main engine with 2130 hours.
• Perforated aluminum sound mitigation system by Soundown
• Hynautic engine controls pilothouse and fly bridge
• Transmission reduction gear 2:1
• 5 blade Nibral prop
• Lube oil and marine gear transfer system
• Hynautic hydraulic steering
• Fireboy automatic firefighting system
• Two zone, reverse cycle Marine Air with digital controls
• Vacuflush head
• Wesmar bow thruster
• 10 gallon SS hot water heater
• Dahl dual fuel filtering system for main engine
• Single fuel filter for generator
• Fuel management manifold in engine room
• Dual-trumpet air horn
• Dometic freezer in cockpit
• Robertson AP 200 Autopilot
• Raymarine E-120 display
• Raymarine depth sounder
• Garmin 741 GPS / Plotter
• ICOM M126 VHF;
• DNP 200 Ritchie Compass,
• Caterpillar engine instrumentation
• Floscan fuel monitoring display
• Bow thruster control
• Windlass control
• Repeaters for;
• Robertson AP200 Autopilot
• Raymarine Depth sounder
• Garmin GPS Map X5
• HF 72 Ritchie compass
• Bow thruster control
• Windlass control
• 7.6 KW Westerbeke generator with sound enclosure – 2335 hours
• Two 30-amp/125-volt shore power connectors
• Two 30-amp/125-volt shore power cords with additional pig tail
• Newmar HDM24-25 battery charger
• Four 8D Lifeline AGM batteries
• Trace inverter
• 110V heater electric heater mounted in companionway steps
The Duffy 38 design is one of the most graceful and efficient hull shapes to come out of Maine. TAURANGA is dry, seakindly and fast, when needed. The 3408, 800HP Cat diesel is an enviable option, providing fast-cruise speeds in the 18 knot range @ 22 gph and an efficient 10 knot slow cruise, burning 12 gph.
Care has been conscientious, winter storage has always been indoors. TAURANGA is available as one of the more finely finished, Downeast yachts on today’s market.