This once-great sailboat had been priced at $80,000, then $68,000, then $45,000, and now on 20 September, 2018, a "give away" price reduction to just $22,500. WHY? This fiberglass hull William Garden designed yacht used a lot of mahogany in construction that has suffered from storage in the tropics.
For the most part, the aft cabinhouse bulkhead and entire cockpit needs to be rebuilt due to wood rot. Obviously rather huge savings for someone handy with carpentry, or hire this boat repaired by skilled local carpenters at surprising low labor rate, with an inexpensive selection of tropical hardwoods available. The Volvo-Penta 75hp diesel with 1050hrs was run earlier in 2018 - no problems there!
Write or call with your questions today -- this ketch simply can't last long at this price! This dramatic price reduction is fully intended to get this boat SOLD before the end of October -- it is time to jump for it!
Already located in the hurricane-free tropical paradise of Rio Dulce, you really owe it to yourself to fully consider this particular sailboat! Designer William Garden drew plans for many other beautiful yachts such as Formosa, Vagabond, CT, Mariner, Sea Wolf, Hudson, etc.
This ketch offers a wonderful and seldom found blend of form and function, modern and traditional -- a sea-kindly design for happy, safe passages, with a bowthruster for ease of docking, and three of four sails roller-furled!
Read through the specifications, study the pictures, and then ask your questions! You cannot be too early to begin enjoying your life while cruising near or far aboard this gorgeous ketch!
Your ideal cruising sailboat is already conveniently located in one of the finest cruising areas possible: the pristine Western Caribbean! Safely tucked up the beautiful Rio Dulce in Guatemala during hurricane season, same-day cruising from the Rio can have you snorkeling or diving the world’s 2nd largest barrier reef – Belize it! Or, it’s just an overnighter away to experience the Bay Islands of Honduras (Utila, Roatan, Guanaja). Farther voyages can have you enjoying Mexico,Jamaica, Caymans, and Panama before returning to the Rio sanctuary year after year, as countless cruisers do. Great Yacht, Great Location… it’s time to have fun!!
Proceed with the peace of mind fostered by a brokerage reputation built on professionalism and integrity. SYS Brokerage only accepts yacht listings with realistic or bargain prices, listings that our brokers can represent truthfully as being worthwhile.
Listing agent: Chris Stanley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 502-5723-4940
(If calling from North America, first dial "011".)
- Freedom to cruise anywhere with wind-/water-generator, solar panels and water maker (2013)
- Volvo Penta D2-75hp (2005) with just 1100-hours!
- Anchors: 35# Bruce, 33# Danforth, using 160' of chain
- Hydraulic steering and autopilot (2013)
- Both fresh and raw water at the galley
- Modern navigation system on one screen (i-pad) for charts, AIS and weather (2013). Satellite phone with WIFI (2013). Hand VHF 3-watching (2013)
- Sails in good condition (2008/2014)
- WAECO refrigerator with small freezer (2013)
- Variable height swim-platform for easy boarding and relaxed time in the bay (2013) and a new cockpit table (2015), both in mahogany
- Antifouling (2014), all wooden parts varnished outside and superstructure (2015)
- Fiberglass hull with beautiful wooden accents!
- Thick cork decking - excellent and beautiful non-skid!
- Light-filled mahogany-trim cabins, spacious cupboards and many useful details from the owners
- Solid construction -- made in Slovenia
- The owners bought this boat in Italy in 2012 - big renovation, crossed the Atlantic in 2013, and spent two wonderful years with their two kids while cruising the Caribbean!
- Your turn!