Special Boat Show Price $249,000.
Custom 53' Robb Ladd deck salon cutter.
Built by Scorpio custom boat builders with serious offshore cruising in mind. Rigged for short hand sailing with easily handled cutter rig and furling main, Jib and self tending staysail.
Two en-suite staterooms, convertible
dinette and salon seating that can comfortably accommodate seven (owners and guests).
Full electronics suites at the helm and nav center.
Reverse cycle A/C and heat for all weather comfort. Generator and inverter for off the grid independence.
Continually maintained and updated including new Awl Grip in 2013.
Aggressive pricing makes "Flying White" an exceptional value in today's market.
Дополнительные спецификации, оборудование и информация:
Ширина: 15 футы 7 дюймы
Максимальная осадка: 7 футы 6 дюймы
Общая мощность: 86 HP
Марка двигателя: Perkins
Модель двигателя: 426
Тип двигателя: Стационарный
Тип двигателя/топлива: Дизель
Часы наработки двигателя: 2105
Тип привода: С прямым приводом
Мощность двигателя: 86 HP
Баки для пресной воды: (200 (Галлонов))
Топливные баки: (320 (Галлонов))
Сточная цистерна: (80 (Галлонов))
Число санузлов: 2
"Flying White" has two ensuite staterooms with queen sized berths. Comfortable accommodations for up to 7, are afforded by lowering the dining table down to form another queen-size berth and using the salon settee. The interior has a contemporary feel with white-washed maple and varnished solid teak and holly soles. There is 6'-6" headroom throughout. Natural light and ventilation abounds with eleven Lewmar hatches with screens, two dorades, and large fixed windows in the Salon. Two reverse-cycle air conditioning units heat or cool the interior when needed. Artificial light is supplied by swivel style reading lamps at each settee and berth and several overhead lamps in working areas.
A workshop with extensive storage for tools and fittings in drawers and lockers, as well as a work bench to port, is forward. There is access to the double anchor locker. The aft bulkhead with watertight door acts as a collision bulkhead.
Aft of the work space is the Forward Suite with enclosed head and shower, vanity with sink and H&C pressure water. The head is manual plumbed to the forward holding tank, and the shower draining to a separate sump with pump. Aft of the head is a queen-sized berth to port while opposite is extensive storage in hanging locker, four drawer bureau, and three other lockers, as well as a small dressing seat.
A U-Shaped Dining Settee is next aft to starboard with a custom bird's eye maple pedestal mounted dining table.The table may be easily dropped to berth height, forming a generous queen sized double berth. Storage under, behind ,and above the dining settee is voluminous.
Opposite the dinette is the U-Shaped Galley, featuring Corian counters with deep fiddles, double basin stainless sink with H&C pressure water. There are manual fresh and salt water faucets located on center line. There is extensive storage with several lockers and a set of drawers. Galley equipment includes Sea Frost top loading freezer and top and front loading refrigeration, a Force 10 three-burner gimballed propane stove with oven and micro-wave.
The Raised Salon is up three steps. To port is a U-shaped settee, which will comfortably seat five to six people with storage under and behind. The outboard section of the settee makes for a comfortable berth either in port or at sea. A coffee table (custom bird's eye maple table) adjoins. Aft and above there are bookshelves to port and lockers. Opposite is a shorter bench seat with storage under and behind, again with adjacent lockers. The locker doors' P&S are finished with custom decorative art glass featuring Ursa Minor and the Southern Cross. The large windows of the raised salon makes for a very open feel with great sight lines.
The starboard side of this space and facing forward is the large Nav Center with an accompanying navigator's chair. The yacht's electrical distribution system is located here, along with a full array of navigational and communication electronics. Much of the raised deck salon sole is easily removed to provide access to mechanicals and other vessel systems.
To starboard and down two steps is the Aft Suite with head and large separate stall shower compartment. There is a vanity with sink with pressure H&C water, and storage in lockers and drawers. The head a Vacuflush plumbed to the holding tank, To port is the large aft stateroom with offset queen-sized berth. Above the berth there is storage in under deck lockers and forward of the berth there is generous storage in a hanging locker, four drawer bureau, and six other lockers as well as a dressing seat. Inboard of the berth there is a compartment housing the washer/dryer and then inside access to the large lazarette, generator, and sail locker.
FLYING WHITE is a very comfortable boat throughout. The boat, the former Boston Light, was built for two couples, experienced circumnavigators, who incorporated every detail for their future long range cruising plans. While Flying White may not have the three separate staterooms often found on boats this size, she is far more commodious and offers far more storage, as well as multiple areas for reading and lounging, while still accommodating 6-7 easily for sleeping
Interior equipment details
- Splendide washer/dryer
- Hela 12 Volt turbo fans in all cabins
- 2007 all-new interior upholstery & cushions
- 2008 custom HMS mattress for aft cabin
- 2013 custom sun shades for Salon
- Complete set of dishes that match the decorative tiles in galley
- 2013 new Lee cloths for all berths and settees incl. dining area and Main Salon
- Sony AM/FM/CD with MP3 hook up speakers in main cabin
- Sony 17" TV with DVD player
- Badboy wireless cell booster and WiFi router 2014
Sails and Rigging
FLYING WHITE was designed for two couples to cruise in comfort but with the thought that oftentimes she might be sailed by just one couple. The current owners do 80% of their cruising as a couple. On the most recent trip to the Caribbean, the owner sailed with a crew of 6, who were all comfortably accommodated.
Awlgripped aluminum keel stepped Hood double spreader mast and booms with 1X19 stainless steel wire rigging. The running backstays are Kevlar.
- Hood electric in mast furling for main
- Harken roller furling for genoa
- Harken roller furling for staysail
- All sheets, furling lines, etc., lead to cockpit
- Hall rigid boom vang
- Harken travellers for main and staysail
- Custom integral carbon fiber chain plates
- 2 Harken #66ST two speed electric primaries
- 2 Harken #66ST two speed secondaries
- 2 Harken #46ST two speed staysail and main sheet winches
- 2 Harken #32ST furling line winches
- 2 Harken #46ST halyard winches on mast
- Harken rope clutches
- Doyle roller furling main 620 sq. ft.
- Doyle roller furling 680 sq. ft. high clewed jib app 120%
- Doyle 196 sq. ft. staysail on self tending boom and traveller
- Quantum 1.5 oz assymetrical spinnaker purchased used in 2013 in exc. condition
- Raymarine C-120 wide chart plotter/radar 2009
- Raymarine 6000+ autopilot remote
- Two Raymarine ST60 multi repeaters
- Icom M-504 VHF 2010
- Icom 700 HF Single Side Band
- Iridium 9575 Extreme Satellite Radio with external antenna & docking station
- Raymarine C-90 wide chart plotter/radar 2009
- Raymarine ST60 wind point & speed
- Raymarine ST60 Depth
- Raymarine ST60 Speed/log
- Icom 540 VHF Remote mic. 2009
- ACR GPS enchanced EPIRB 2013
- Ritchie 6" binnacle mount magnetic compass
12 Volt DC
- Distribution panel with breakers (Updated 2018)
- Volt & Amp meters
- All new primary wiring from engine to batteries to switch panels 2012
- 4 Lifeline 8D AGM Batteries for house/engine start/inverter 2012
- 120 amp Power Max alternator with Balmar three-stage regulator 2009
110 Volt AC
- Switch panel with breakers
- Volt & Amp meters
- Westerbeke 7.5 kw generator 783 hours as of 5/15/16
- Xantrex 2000 watt inverter charger 2013 for lighter electrical needs
- 50 amp shore power inlet aft
- 50' 50 amp shore power cord
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord
- Shore power adaptors
- 12 Outlets
- 12 gallon water heater (also engine supplied)
- Xantrex 60 amp battery charger 2013
Perkins 426 freshwater cooled four-cylinder diesel turns a 22" 3 bladed Max Prop on a 1 -1/2" stainless shaft through a 2.5:2 Borg Warner Velvet Drive transmission. As of 5/15/16, the engine hour meter shows 2105 hours. This hour meter was new several years ago and an older hour meter shows 15-1600 hours. At time of survey by the current owners in 2006, it was discovered that the starboard integral fuel tank had a small leak. That tank was re-fit with a bladder in 2014, the port fuel tank is integral and is FRP with 60 gallon day tank. Fuel is double filter before use.
There are extensive spares onboard including pumps, parts etc..
- Edson engine controls
- Dual racor fuel filters
- New Jafa PYI rudder bearings 2014
- Spur cutter on shaft 2008
- Two separate Seafrost refrigeration systems 2010
- Vacuflush W.C. for aft head 2010
- New forward and aft holding tanks and hoses 2007
- New starboard fuel tank 2013
- 12 volt machinery space lighting
- PSS dripless shaft seal
- Velvet Drive Transmission new in 2013
- Two 16 KBTU Cruise Air reverse cycle air conditioning units (heat & cool)
- Pur 160e watermaker (never in use by current owner)
- One electric bilge pumps
- One manual bilge pump
- Two macerator pumps
Hull and Deck
- Handlaid fiberglass construction with Divinycell core from app 3' from centerline to the rail.
- Awlgripped Cloud White hull with blue cove stripe and boot top in 2013.
- Bottom is finished with green ablative anti-fouling paint
- Partially foam cored fiberglass deck and house. To reduce the chances of core moisture,the teak decks are glued not fastened with screws . The current owners have kept the decks clean with mild detergents so there is a lot of teak left on the decks.
- Teak toerail, trim and dorade boxes, with Epifanes varnish, maintained every season.
- Large deep cockpit with 6'+ length bench seats P&S up across the athwartship seat to the bridge deck where there is aft facing seating for up to four under the dodger.
- Drop down transom that provides ease of access to the tenders from the cockpit and ease of entry to water for scuba, snorkeling and swimming.
- Cockpit access to what can only be described as a voluminous sail locker and adjoining lazarette. To port there is a shallow locker and propane locker. Two additional storage spaces under helm seat, with liferaft storage to starboard and a smaller locker to port.
- Wide side decks allowing ease of movement fore and aft.
- Stainless grab rails and double lifelines, bow and stern rails
- Large double anchor locker
- Expansive foredeck with space to lift the RIB onboard when sailing offshore
- Lighthouse 1501 electric windlass both up & down, rebuilt 2014
- 55 lb. Rocna anchor 2014 with 250' 3/8' chain
- 40 lb. Danforth with chain and 300' 5/8" regular lay nylon rode
- Saltwater wash down forward
- Freshwater faucet in cockpit 2017
- Spreader lights
- Dodger by Fortune 2008 with Elkhide covered grab rails
- Helm bimini 2014
- Mooring awning runs from mast to Bimini
- Sunbrella Cockpit cushions 2011
- All new stainless steel lifelines 2013
- Edson foldout teak cockpit table
- Transom H&C fresh water shower and wash down
- 4 Type III PFDs
- MOM module repacked 9/13
- 6 man Zodiac Liferaft re-packed 9/13
- Offshore flare kit
- 5 ABC dry chem fire extinguishers
- Horn & Bell
- Emergency tiller
- Wichard Jack Lines
- 6 fenders with covers & 6 braided dock lines
- Magma propane grill
- Stainless steel flip down boarding ladder at starboard gate
- Lexan storm shutters for raised deck salon windows
- Edson dinghy engine hoist
- Outboard motor brackets at stern rail
- Avon 310 rib 2006
- 5hp 2 stoke and older 3hp 2 stroke Yamaha outboard
- 2 20 lb propane tanks (recertified 2017)
Originally commissioned by two couples who were experienced circumnavigators, "Flying White" is a comfortable boat at sea or anchor. She draws compliments in every harbor. Continually upgraded by her current (second) owners (since late 2006) she should prove to be an easy boat to maintain as well as operate.
With her in mast electric furling and other roller furling systems and all lines led aft, she is set up for short handed sailing and is easily managed by two people. As the wind pipes up, she sails well with a minimal reef in the main and the staysail.
The cockpit is deep and secure providing not just comfort but safety offshore. With her centerline fold down transom and the large wheel stowed to starboard ,she is likewise a pleasure in port. Her interior is beautiful with plenty of elbow room and impressive amounts of storage.
The dates of upgrades are re-highlighted here to provide a better summary and give prospective buyers a better sense as to the amount of upgrading:
Avon 310 Rib
- All new interior Ultrasuede upholstery & cushions throughout: salon and dining -Baltic Blue; Staterooms - Teal
- New forward and aft holding tanks and assoc. hoses
- 120 amp 3 stage Balmar alternator
- Custom HMS mattress for aft cabin
- Spur cutter on shaft
- New dodger
- Raymarine digital radar scanner
- Raymarine C120 Wide display at Nav. Station
- Raymarine C90 Wide display at helm
- Vacuflush W.C system for aft head
- 2 Seafrost refrigeration systems for refrig. & freezer
- Icom VHF
- Sunbrella cockpit cushions
- 4 8D AGM Lifeline batteries
- All new primary DC wiring
- Complete exterior Awlgrip refinishing from boot top to house top
- Xantrex 60 amp battery charger
- New Borg Warner Velvet Drive transmission
- New EPIRB
- Iridium Satellite Phone
- Radar reflector
- New stainless steel lifelines
- New Bimini
- Asymmetrical spinnaker added (used but in excellent condition)
- New starboard fuel tank
- Custom sun shades for salon
- Custom sunblock inserts for forward salon windows
- 55 lb Rocna anchor
- Badboy WiFi extender with local wireless router
- New rudder bearings
- Anchor windlass rebuilt
- New wind instrument
- New Raritan in forward head
- Upgraded electrical panel, adding digital meters and replacing older circuit beakers
- Refinished upper and lower salon and galley soles. Stripped them to bear teak and holly and finished them with seven coats of Ephianes varnish.
- Refinished the companion way stairs.
clock & barometer set, art, oriental rugs, tools, personal items
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.