Yashar, has had some mishaps during her travels. Read about them in the listing.
Hull has been surveyed by two independent surveyors and has excellently been repaired.
"YASHAR" is an AMEL 53 Super Maramu Millennium and comes from a family of renown world cruisers.
For 48 years the legendary Amel Shipyard founded by Henri Amel in LaRochelle France has been sending yachts to sea.
There are not many places anywhere on the oceans of the world that an Amel has not ventured. If you are looking for a yacht that is easily sailed by a couple, that is at home on a quiet bay or rounding Cape Horn-it's very hard to find a yacht more qualified.
Contact Ed Kurowski
Cell Phone : 443-480-3616 or EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ed Kurowski : I have worked in the yacht sales industry for 35 years and have handled national and international transactions for new builds, imports, new and brokerage vessels while leading an award winning sales and service team. My years and experiences have provided me with a solid background in negotiations, customer service, technical advice, outfitting solutions, financial recommendations and insurance referrals with a life long commitment to my customers.
My enthusiasm for yachting aboard quality cruising boats and logging over 40,000 sea miles translates into an approach that will help you select and equip your boat for comfortable and safe ownership and voyages.
I have the ability to perform for my clients who share the same high standards and desires that I do. I treat you, your vessel and transaction in the way that you deserve in a timely, conscientious, consistent and exacting manner.
YASHAR has sustained some damage during her voyages. In 2004, in Grenada, she was blown off her supports by a hurricane. Both masts and rigging were replaced at that time. She also sustained some hull damage that was excellently repaired.
In 2008 she ran aground in British Columbia and damaged her keel. She was taken to Seaview Boat Yard and they ordered a new keel from Amel and replaced it at their yard.
Neither of these mishaps has resulted in any seawater intrusion.
Current owner purchased YASHAR in 2014 and spent several months upgrading the electrical and cosmetic condition of the boat. He also replaced the Jib and mizzen sails at this time. He then sailed her to Bermuda and stayed there for 10 months, and returned home to Maryland. A new dodger canvas was purchased in 2016.
The yacht was surveyed in 2014 and a loan was given to the owner for the purchase of the yacht.
The French have built high quality yachts for more than thirty years. YASHAR is a nice blue water cruising vessel.The deck accommodates a large group of guests for entertaining and enjoying an afternoon cruise. Below decks the interior is finished in a beautiful African mahogany. The Onan generator was installed July 2012 and only has 250 hours.
The watermaker, bow thruster, Climma heat and air conditioning, clothes washer and clothes dryer make this cruiser complete. B&G, Furuno, complete the safety items.
YASHAR'S interior accommodations are characteristic of Amel's design.The Yacht is finished in a high gloss varnish African mahogany. The floor is done in fiberglass for easy clean up. The floorboards have hinges for easy storage below. Her spacious interior with 2 large staterooms will sleep 6. She has 2 private heads with nice showers for Captain and guests. Large lockers,cabinets and well designed storage spaces complete the interior.
Forward, the guests stateroom features a nice arrangement for comfortable berths to port and starboard. Fours lockers with a shelf and drawer are above each berth, below there is a nice storage area. A small writing table stows out of the way near the aft bulkhead. There are lamps for reading and hatches for ventilation.
The back of the stateroom there is a hallway to the main cabin. The sole is fiberglass with a deep molded sump that is covered by a teak grate. The bulkheads are covered in vinyl that are trimmed out in mahogany. in the bathroom area is a deep sink with molded soap tray. A mirrored medicine cabinet accents the area. The head is a jabsco and faces inboard.
The main salon has a nice arrangement. Entertaining guests or living aboard this accommodation works. The starboard settee is surrounded by end tables front and rear. Close by is a U shaped dinette with a fixed table that seats six. Beneath the table there is a bottle storage area.
The owners stateroom is all the way aft and has a real watertight collision bulkhead at its entry with a submarine style watertight door. There is another full height watertight bulkhead at the extreme aft end of the owner's stateroom..
The hulls on the Amel are solid laminate composed of biaxial cloth set in polyester resin. Inside the Super Maramu there are four full-length watertight bulkheads that are also bonded in place with the hull still in the mold
* Furuno Navnet RDP-139 radar Display
* Furuno 1633 radar antenna
* ICOM MC-M810 SSB radio
* ICOM IC-M504 VHF radio (2009)
* Furuno GPS navigator GP-80
* Raymarine ST7000+autopilot control head.
* Raymarine CE 0191 wireless autopilot remote
* Raytheon Type 2 auto pilot drive and rudder angle indicator
* B&G Hydra 2000 FFD display at Nav station.
* B&G Hydra 2000 display at helm
* B&G windspeed, boatspeed, wind direction, and depth displays at helm
* Plastimo Olympic 135 compass
* Sony CDX-SW200 AM/FM/CD
* Brunton level gauge in cockpit
* Set of Navionics gold cards central america to Pacific Northwest
The 12-volt D.C. ships engine start system draws from one group- 110 amp hour lead acid battery to provide starting current to the main engine. This is the same battery used to start the generator. The battery is charged by a 50 amp 12 volt engine driven alternator. This battery is totally isolated and cannot be co - mingled with the house supply batteries. It can, however be jumped from the house supply batteries with the provided jumper cables if it ever needs a quick charge.
A helpful note is in order here. Most North American's tend to worry about 220-volt A.C. systems, as we are used to 110 volt A.D. systems.Briefly , 95% of all docks in the United States have 220-volt A.C. Power. Call your dock master and check before docking. Most powerboats use 220 volt, often times employing a splitter. If only 110-volt A.C. is available dockside, there is an available doubler cord that plugs in and converts two 110-volt dockside outlets into one 220-volt outlet. These cost less than $400.00 new
90% of the world , other than North American Continent, is 220 volt. As Amel's are voyaging boats, they are set up to receive the most commonly available shore power.
* 12v/24v and 120v/220v electrical systems
* 220v AC electrical panel
* 24v DC electrical panel
* Blue Sea Systems 120v AC electrical panel
* 110v to 220v shore power transformer
*Acme Transformers 1000 VA 50/60hz
* Xantrex link 10 battery monitor for 24v DC system
* 7kw ONAN 220v AC genset (July 2012)
* 80 and 55 amp alternators on main engine
* Xantrex TrueCharge 20 remote display panel (2009)
*Dolphin 24v 30 amp 220v battery charger for house bank
* 12v and 24v european outlets at nav station
* 2- 115 ah start batteries new 2014
* 80 hp 4JH3-te diesel engine with Amel drive
* Yanmar panel with tach, temp, hour and volt gauges with alarms
* Hurth HSW 2.50H 2.8R transmission
* Dual racer fuel filters with pressure gauges.
* Morse single lever throttle/shift control
* WEMA fuel gauge
* Sea strainer alarm
* Autoprop automatic variable pitch propeller
* Spare 3 blade fixed prop
* Sight gauge for water tanks at companionway
* Retractable 24 v bow thruster with controls ay helm
* Force 10 3 burner propane stove (2012)
* Electrolux 50 hz microwave
* Dessalator serie Amel duo D-60 24v/220v watermaker
* Nautic 45 liter 220v hot water heater
* (2) Frigoboat Frigomatic AV 35 compressors for dinette fridge compartments
* Custom fridge under nav seat across from the galley
* (3) Climma Compact 9 EH 8,000 BTU 230v air conditioners
* Thompson top loading washer/dryer
* Hella turbo fan in aft stateroom
* Fan at nav station
158 gallon welded aluminum, diesel tank makes her cruise ready and plenty of fuel when needed.
* Selden aluminum in-mast furling main and mizzen masts.
* white painted aluminum booms
* Lewmar traveler
* Anderson line tender for traveler adjustment
* (2) Lewmar 48ST electric winches
* (2) Lewmar 40ST secondary winches
* (1) Lewmar 40ST mainsheet winch
* (1) Harken 42 mizzen sheet winch
* (1) Harken 42 ST mizzen outhaul winch
* (2) 2 lewmar clutches on mizzen mast
* Spinnaker pole, car, track on mast
* Double downwind pole system
*Adjustable genoa car system
* Profurl genoa furler
* RF Genoa
* Spare RF mizzen
* Mizzen Ballooner
* (2) spinnaker halyards
* (2) Genoa halyards
* Lofrans Tigress electric anchor windlass
* Dual anchor rollers
* WASI BUEGEL anchor
* 400 feet chain
* Raw water wash down for anchor at bow
* 8 hp Mercury outboard motor
* 8 foot roll up dinghy with outboard bracket
* SKG grappling anchor with line
* Topsides painted by Seaview Boatyard, Seattle 2009
* New Bottom paint 2016
* Revere 6 person offshore life raft
* (2) para-tech sea anchors
* 13 life vests
* Horseshoe bouy
* Ditch bag with rolling items:
Uniden Atlantis ATLW37 handheld VHF
Katadyn Survivor emergency watermaker
Pur Voyageur fresh water filter
38 liter NRS DRI-Stow bag
Swisstech sea anchor
Flares, first aid kit and dye markers.
* Extensive spares for all systems
* Sail repair kit
* Full set of deck awnings and sailing covers to provide shade in the warm climates
This Yacht has been to Mexico, SW Nicaragua, N Columbia to Guyana, Central America South, Summer Strait, California and Oregon. Southern Cal-Baja, Queen Charlotte SD, Cross Sound, East Hecate Strait and Vancouver Island
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.