OYSTER 56, 2001. All GRP with teak decks. Yanmar 110hp diesel engine, bow thruster, cabin heating, generator, reverse cycle air conditioning, watermaker. Cutter rigged sloop with in-mast furling, new rigging 2015, Lewmar winches, primaries electric. Sleeps 6 in 3 cabins, master cabin aft, en-suite, forward cabin with double and third cabin with bunks, shared heads. Raymarine navigation equipment, well equipped having completed a circumnavigation. The boat benefited from a large refit in 2015, and presents very well.
Now lying UK, south coast, having crossed the Atlantic in June.
Recommended for Blue water, and long distance sailing.
OYSTER 56, 2001
LOA: 17.49m LWL: 14.5m BEAM: 4.95m DRAFT: 2.39m DISP: 26,000kg
Cutter rig with hydraulic in-mast furling
6 berths in 3 cabins
American light oak Joinery
Total ground up refit in 2015. Details at end of specification. Supporting documentation available. Overall expenditure prior to relaunch in May 2015 circa £250K. Work carried out at Stella Maris in Southampton.
Hull Number - 56/22
Hull construction – Hand laid GRP single skin with structural stringers and floors to Lloyds approved design specification
Hull finish – colour white with cove lines and double boot top lines in blue
Deck construction – moulded GRP with balsa core
Decks – Teak laid, bulwark finished with natural teak capping rail
Keel – High performance bulb external lead keel
Rudder – protected full length skeg
EU RCD – built to conform to EU recreational craft design category – ‘Ocean”
Hatches – Gebo alloy framed coaming portlights and hullports. (2015)
Lewmar Ocean hatches (2015)
Engine – Yanmar 4LH TE 4 cylinder 110hp with Yanmar reduction gearbox. 6,750 hours at 03/19.
MaxProp 3 24 inch feathering propeller with rope cutter
Sleipner 10hp tunnel bow thruster.
Lewmar Commander 200 – 3 hydraulics.
Webasto DW Thermo 90 cabin heating.
Fuel capacity of 1,050 litres in main tank + 317 litres in secondary tank
Water capacity of 950 litres
2 x gravity discharge holding tanks, 2015
24/230v electrical systems
Onan 8 MDKL generator, 2006. 4,560 hours at 03/19
220v Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning, 3 x units
8 x 6v Rolls AGM batteries, giving 720ah at 24v, 2015
Mastervolt management system, regulator and inverters
2 x 30a shore power sockets
LED lighting throughout the boat
Hot and cold pressurised water system
Water heated in 40 litre tank with 230v immersion heater or engine heat exchanger
Seafresh 206A 220v 95 lph watermaker. HP and LP pumps both replaced in last 2 years.
Cutter rigged sloop with Hood white painted stoway mast.
Navtec solid vang
Navtec backstay hydraulic ram
Rod backstay (2015)
Stainless steel standing rigging 1 x 19 (2015)
All new running rigging 2015
Hood in mast hydraulic furling
Reckmann hydraulic genoa and staysail furling
Single aluminium spinnaker pole
2 x Lewmar 66 CEST electric primary winches
2 x Lewmar 54 CST secondary winches
1 x Lewmar CST reefing winch
1 x Lewmar 48 CEST mainsheet winch
2 x Lewmar 48 winches on the on mast
2 x Lewmar 16 on mainsheet traveller
North sails tri-radial main (2014)
Tri-radial Staysail (2012)
Headsail tri-radial new in 2019
Spare headsail 2015
Sleeps 6 berths in 3 double cabins.
Owners state room double berth, large hanging lockers, desk, chair and bookcase. Large En suite heads, Jabsco electric delux toilet (2015)
Forward guest cabin centre line double birth with vanity table clothes lockers and large drawer storage under.
Twin guest cabin with upper and lower berths, lockers and vanity unit.
Shared En suite heads with Jabsco electric deluxe toilet. (2015)
Raymarine Evolution with p70 head unit and ACU 400 combined Gyro/course computer
Raymarine Autopilot system with double linear drive rams
Twin Raymarine E120 touch screen GPS terminals
5 x i70 multiple instrument displays
Iridium Pilot coms terminal
Multiple tranducers and head units
ICOM IC M423 VHF unit and cockpit extension
ICOM IC M801E SSB MF/HF transceiver
Stainless steel double sinks with mixer tap
Gimballed GN Espace Ocean Chief 4 ring cooker and oven, 2015
Large top opening freezer
Large front opening fridge
Addition fridge for drinks in saloon
All compressors changed out over last 3 years.
Washing machine, 2017
Sony TV and sound system in main saloon and stateroom.
2 x Lifeguard Forties A6 man with E packs Liferafts
2X bilge pumps, jabsco electric maxi 3000 and Henderson Mk 5 manual
Fire extinguishers to all areas
Gas detection with 2 sensors
Gas solenoid valve to cooker supply
Engine room automatic fire detection and suppression
Lewmar Ocean 3 24v electric windlass
33kg Rocna anchor with 100m of 12mm chain, 2012
Bespoke sprayhood, bimini and full size sun canopy, 2015
Whittal 200kg load davits
Brigg 360 Falcon RIB with Yamaha 20hp, 2015
6 x Warps, 8 fenders
2 Avon large blow up fenders
We have now spent a glorious, unbroken 4 years on board Raya, sailing her from Southampton round the world and back again. We were told the Oyster 56 is the boat of choice when it comes to blue water sailing and so it has turned out, she has not put a foot wrong for the entire journey. Every system and line was either replaced before we left in 2015 or been replaced since. The engine, generator and water-maker are all in tip top condition having been fastidiously maintained throughout. Raya was hauled out this month (March) hull checked and serviced with a new coat of anti-foul and is as ready to do it all again as she has always been.
Refit details, 2015
1. Deck �� total refurbishment, all caulking removed and replaced, deck sanded 2015.
2. Hull – professionally surveyed and refurbishment carried out to keel and skeg. 2015
3. Rudder removed, serviced, new bearings, seals. 2015
4. Prop and shaft. Sent to Maxprop for service 2015 and 2017. Shaft re-balanced 2015/7.
5. Bow thruster removed and refurbished 2015 and 2017
6. Hatches – all hatches, port lights and deck ports replaced. 2015
7. Canvas work – all new spray hood, bimini and large tensile awning by Dolphin in 2015. Sprayhood and bimini replaced under warrantee in September 2018.
8. New cockpit table in traditional Oyster style installed 2015.
9. New steering cables. 2015
10. Mast, boom, pole etc. removed and bare metal resprayed. ALL fittings and furniture replaced with new. 2015.
11. Standing Rigging – All replaced, new rod backstay. Chain plates removed, serviced and replaced under tension. 2015. New uprated gooseneck pin.
12. Running Rigging – All replaced with high spec equivalents. 2015.
13. Reckmann furlers removed and shipped to factory in Germany for full service 2015
14. Sails – All North. Tri-radial Genoa new in 2019. Spare genoa.
15. Galley – new Ocean Chef GN Espace stove 2015.
16. Washing machine, new 2017.
17. Engine. Total overhaul in 2015, all new pipes and hoses, injector heads etc etc. Head gasket replaced Dec 2015, new injector heads 2017, injector pump refurbished 2017, new alternators 2017,. New water pump 2017. Always serviced properly.
18. Generator – total overhaul in 2015 with all new pipes etc, water cooling system dismantled, new injectors, pump overhauled, new fuel pump, water pump, manifold 2017.
19. Plumbing – all domestic pumps and pipework replaced 2015. New Jabsco delux silent flush electric toilets, new custom-made black water tanks 2015.
20. New stainless steel hot water calorifier 2015
21. All internal and external lighting changed to LED units 2015
22. New Raymarine navigation and Iridium Pilot communications 2015. All wiring replaced (£40K spent)
23. All new fire extinguishers 2015
24. Dingy – New Brigg Falcon 360 rib with 20hp Yamaha 2015.
25. Spares held for all critical system elements.
Set up for long distance comfort cruising. Very well presented.
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Vendor is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The particulars are intended only as a guide and they do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at his own expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and / or to have an engine trial conducted, which if carried out by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
Note to seller and purchaser: If the boat you are selling or purchasing is registered, please ensure that the registration is completed after the sale of the boat. If the purchaser wishes to cancel the registration is the duty of the seller to contact the Registry and inform them that the registration is to be cancelled. If the purchaser wishes to continue with the registration, it is the duty of the purchaser to complete the relevant forms and post off the bill of sale to the Registrar.