All details of this vessel, including engine hours and speeds, are as stated by the manufacturer and the owner.
ALL ALL ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND TRADES WELCOME
The 156 foot (47.5metre) high performance aluminium motor-sailer, MITseaAH, is a majestic sailing sloop that has the rare ability to achieve high speed under power. This hybrid capability enhances any vacation itinerary enormously: One can sail when conditions are ideal, or power to the next exotic destination when the winds are still. Desiring the luxury and volume of a fast motor yacht, combined with the intrinsic pleasure of sail, the owner challenged the builders and designers to think inventively in terms of functionality, space planning, detail, aesthetic style, naval architecture, and much more.
Features include five-stateroom owner/guest accommodation, spacious multi-level main salon, three alternative dining areas, superb water access, two tenders, versatile hydraulic boarding systems, swing bulb keel for low draft (6.5m), retractable top-mast (for bridge clearance), and speeds up to 23 knots via twin 3500hp MAN Paxman diesels. The vessel offers a well-appointed crew apartment for eight professionals. The multi-faceted MITseaAH is truly a vessel that must be seen to be appreciate.
Pedrick proposed a planing hull form for a relatively lightweight sailing cruiser.
Telescopic rudders, a swing bulb keel and planing flaps morph the under body from sailing sloop to power boat in minutes. Then, twin 3,500hp Paxman diesels deliver speeds in excess of 20 knots. In addition, a shallow 6.5ft draft under power and a retracting top-mast section give MITseaAH a choice of cruising grounds. Inside, MITseaAH features five luxurious staterooms in the Owner’s party, along with a well-appointed crew apartment for eight professionals
TYPE: Twin Screw Motorsailer FLAG: Cayman Islands
BUILDER: Pendennis, UK YEAR: 2004
NAVAL ARCHIT.: Pedrick Yacht Designs Inc., USA
DESIGNER: Liebowitz & Pritchard Architecture + Yacht Design, UK
CLASSIFICATION: ABS +100A1 AMS - MCA LOA: 155‘10” 47.50 m
ENGINES: 2 x 3,500 hp MAN Paxman BEAM: 33‘1” 10.10 m
SPEED: approx. 19/21 knots cruising DRAFT min.: 8’6” 2.60 m
(under power) approx. 25 knots max. DRAFT max.: 24‘3” 7.41 m
CONSUMPTION: 200 litres/hour @ 11 knots HULL MATERIAL: Aluminium
RANGE: about 3000 n.miles S / STRUCTURE: Aluminium
ACCOMMODATIONS: 11 guests in 5 staterooms
8 crew in 4 cabins
• 1 x Double master cabin with shower room en suite
• 3 x Double guest cabins with shower rooms en suite
• 1 x Twin cabin with shower room en suite
• 1 x Double captain’s cabin
• 3 x Twin upper & lower berthed cabins
• Fuel: 48,500 litres 12,813 US gallons
• Water: 12,000 litres 3,170 US gallons
• Watermaker: 3,000 litres/day 793 US gallons/day
• Displacement: 270 tons
• Gross tonnage: 381 tons
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT:
• Extensive communications equipment
• Fleet 77
MECHANICAL AND ENGINE EQUIPMENT:
• 2 x 3,500hp MAN Paxman diesel engines type 12VLP (@1,850rpm)
• 2 x ZF reverse reduction gear boxes
• 2 x Servogear composite shafts with:
• 2 x Servogear CCP, 4-bladed bronze propellers
• Lewmar bow thruster
• Lewmar stern thruster
• 2 x Hydraulic trim flaps on the underside of the hull aft
• Hydraulically pivoting fin and bulb configuration (25 tons) with recess into the hull
• 2 x vertically raising variable geometry rudder blades
• Hamann Wassertechnik sewage treatment system
• Vacuum WC system
• Marine Air air-conditioning system
• 2 x Sea Recovery watermakers capable of producing approximately 3,000 litres (793
US gallons) per day
• 2 x 80kW Northern Lights diesel generators
• 1 x 60kW Atlas shore power converter
SAILS AND RIGGING:
• Length of mast (above waterline):
47.5m/156ft (at maximum extension)
• Hood Yacht Spars carbon fibre main mast and telescopic top section (Germanisher
• Marten Spars Liesurefurl carbon fibre boom
• Navtec rod and Arimid Kevlar standing rigging
• Vectran and Dyneema running rigging
• Reckmann furling systems
• Lewmar captive winches
• All sails by Doyle Sailmakers
Total (upwind): 730 sq. meters / 7,858 sq. feet
Total (downwind): 1,166 sq. meters / 12,551 sq. feet
• Mainsail: 509 sq. meters / 5,479 sq. feet
• Headsail: 211 sq. meters / 2,271 sq. feet
• Reacher: 345 sq. meters / 3,714 sq. feet
• Spinnaker: 656 sq. meters / 7,061 sq. feet
• Extensive audio visual entertainment systems
• 1 x computerized treadmill
• 1 x Jacuzzi dip pool forward
DECK AND SAFETY EQUIPEMENT:
• 2 x Leman 8000 anchor windlasses with cable gypsies and vertical warping capstans
• 2 x Maxwell aft warping capstans
• Hydraulic aft boarding passerelle
• Integral swimming platform and beach club in transom
• Extensive personal life saving equipment
TENDERS & TOYS:
• 1 x 20ft / 6.00m Riva Junior tender
• 1 x 17ft / 5.10m Castoldi jet drive tender
• 1 x Bauer diving compressor
• 6 x sets of diving equipment
157 foot (48 metre) motorsailor MITseaAH may represent the ultimate in recreational capability. As an ocean-going vessel, she can motor at high speed, sail capably in a wide range of conditions, reach shoal-draft destinations, offer deep-draft stability, and accommodate large guest groups in utmost luxury, remarkable versatility, and insightful convenience.
The vessel’s graceful yet muscular external appearance was carefully developed to bestow graceful proportions on a vessel successfully aspiring to above average internal volume. The exterior offers an unparalleled variety of guest areas, including the sculptural counterstern deck, the screened aft lounge, terraced amidships deck, and unique foredeck dining lounge with bathing pool.
Inside, the vessel provides five luxurious staterooms in the Owner’s party, along with a well-appointed crew apartment for eight professionals. Seeking a dramatic architectural effect, the designers created a “terraced” main Salon with extraordinary 9 foot headroom; skylighted Grand Guest Passage; open main stair mezzanine; Raised Observation Lounge for views forward; plus large plate glass “Pullman” style windows below on the cabin deck.
The “transitional” interior styling is highly detailed, using lightweight techniques to achieve a rich palette of figured anegre, varnished teak, American black walnut, and ivory-toned lacquers and leathers. Particular attention was paid to internal sightlines, room orientation, ergonomics at sea, ventilation, indirect and task lighting, custom furnishings, and art presentation.
The structural and mechanical aspects of the vessel embody a detailed state-of-the-art approach to a vast array of equipment and features, along with sophisticated computer-aided analyses to specify them. These include F.E.A.-enhanced main aluminium structures, MAN main engines, unique swing-bulb keel, carbon mast and boom, hydraulic boarding systems, top navigation and communication systems, practical entertainment system, and state-of-the-art safety provisions.
MITseaAH was constructed at Pendennis Shipyard Ltd, Falmouth, England.
Architectural design and interiors are by LP DESIGN LTD UK. Regatta-class naval architecture and marine engineering was provided by Pedrick Yacht.
PLEASE CONTACT JOHN NOVAK AT 914-235-8400 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
All details of this vessel, including engine hours and speeds, are as stated by the manufacturer, or Yachtworld.com, or the owner. The Castaways Club, Inc. does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information, nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.