The J/122 is the perfect marriage of J Boat all-around performance cruising and racing capabilities. A well thought out deck layout makes for easy handling whether day sailing offshore sailing or racing around the buoys. The large wheel and spade rudder make her very responsive. The roomy hand crafted mahogany cruising interior are perfect for family cruising or relaxing entertaining with friends. The 3 cabin 1 head layout provide plenty of room and privacy. There is plenty of storage and 4 opening hatches provide an lots of natural light and an airy feel below.
For more info call Stan Gibbs (562)335-7969
Call Stan Gibbs 562-335-7969
I : 54.42 ft
J : 15.17 ft
P : 51.42 ft
E : 17.50 ft
Working Sail Area : 876.00 sq ft
2008 Quantum Main
2008 Quantum Jib
2008 Quantum Asymm Kite in sock
2019 Doyle Main
2019 Doyle Jib
B&G Zeus Electronics Package w/GPS
• Large double V-berth with top access lockers below.
• Large hanging locker, desk with storage above and below.
• Locker and bookshelf on port side.
• Shelf above berth on port side, bow sprit containment area to starboard
• Access door to main cabin and forward head.
• Integrally molded for easy maintenance, with shower tray, sink with access below to seacocks, toilet roll holder.
• Sink is recessed in synthetic resin colored worktop, with rail for hand towel.
• Retractable faucet/shower with pressurized hot and cold water.
• Electric shower drain pump.
• Large storage area along the hull side with dual hinged & angled mirror doors.
• Recessed access door to main and forward cabins
AFT CABINS (Port & Starboard)
• Large hanging locker.
• Locker with doors, storage below and above.
• Shelf along the hull side.
• Large double berth.
• Access door to engine.
• Option for extra water tank under berth (Starboard cabin).
• Recessed access doors to main cabin.
CHART TABLE (to port)
• Large forward facing chart table.
• Chart and navigation tool storage under table top lid.
• Locker under chart table.
• Top access bookshelf/bin locker outboard.
• Large hinge panels outboard for instruments.
• Navigator’s seat with storage below.
• Large storage locker and shelf aft of nav seat with hinge down access panel on forward face.
• Settee/berths to port and starboard.
• Drop leaf table with integrated rails and bottle storage compartment.
• Large storage lockers behind backrests.
• Water tank and fuel tank under settees.
• Two stainless handrails on overhead.
• Double hull windows on each side.
• Integrated, sliding curtains.
L-SHAPED GALLEY (to starboard)
• Gimbaled LPG gas stove with oven and 2 burners, with s/s protection bar.
• Double s/s sink unit recessed in synthetic resin worktop.
• Pressurized hot and cold water.
• Large 150 liter molded icebox/fridge, with single top access, divider, storage shelf and 12v compressor.
• Two utensil drawers.
• Large storage under drawers.
• Storage under sink with shelf.
• Trash bin with direct access from worktop.
• Full length locker outboard of galley worktop with crockery storage system.
• White laminate finish for better wear resistance.
• Open locker/molded shelf for loose deck gear.
• Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
• SS handrails mounted between bulkheads.
• Front engine access via piston assisted hinge-up lid.
Length at Waterline: 34.6
Max Draft: 7.22
The J/122 is designed to be a fun, fast, efficient racing and cruising sailboat that can be sailed by a couple, double-handed or with a full compliment of crew on-board. To give you a better idea of the process behind its thoughtful design and why 122 owners love it so much, read the "Design Notes" or comments about its inaugural sail on the Solent in "Seatrial".
Developed with and built by J/Europe in France, J/122 is distinguished by a well executed high quality interior, a non-overlapping sailplan configuration that helps simplify the deck layout and sail selection. A setback headstay with furler are recessed into the deck to maximize the jib luff length while retaining the convenience of jib furling from the cockpit. Plus, the simplicity of an asymmetric spinnaker flown from a retractable carbon bow sprit, that makes it easy to achieve near peak performance with minimal crew effort.
The J/122 cockpit is ergonomically optimized with a floor mounted traveler, below decks mainsheet system, offshore seatbacks, remote backstay adjuster and an available removable transom storage dock box that allows one to increase cockpit storage for cruising or convert back to a lighter race mode in a matter of minutes.
A three cabin/forward head layout, finished in varnished light mahogany.
Several option packages, tailored to specific cruising and racing needs are available. Several key features of the US Model include:
- Standard Hall Spars carbon fiber mast with swept spreaders, rod rigging and below deck jib furling system.
- Standard Sparcraft Grand-Prix aluminum boom with internal mainsheet system
- Standard Carbon fiber bow sprit and Asymmetric spinnaker system for short-handed performance and ease of handling.
- Low VCG 7.2’ (2.2m) keel for short-handed stability.
- Low maintenance deck configuration with molded foredeck toe rails, hi-traction non-skid and minimum use of wood for low maintenance. Included is a large protected cockpit with long seats and high backrests combined with a floor mounted mainsail traveler, below-deck mainsheet system, and a large diameter leather covered wheel mounted to a steering pedestal with integrally molded foot rests for a very comfortable helm ergonomic.
J/122 is a versatile 40 foot performance sprit boat with refined deck layout, comfortable live-aboard accommodations, and built using superior SCRIMP infusion molding. Like her famous stable mates, the J/109 and J/133, the J/122 promises to be an IRC-friendly racer/cruiser with competitive performance, a simple and balanced sail plan, high quality SCRIMP construction as well as complete accommodations. The J/122, developed with and built by J/Europe in France, is distinguished by the high aspect, non-overlapping sailplan (maximum size 110 percent jib) which simplifies the deck plan and sail selection. The setback headstay with furler are recessed into the deck to maximize the jib luff length while retaining the convenience of jib furling from the cockpit. When combined with the simplicity of an asymmetric spinnaker flown from a retractable carbon bow sprit, it?s easy to achieve near peak performance with minimal crew effort. The J/122 cockpit is ergonomically optimized with a floor mounted traveler, below decks mainsheet system, offshore seatbacks, remote backstay adjuster and a removable transom dock box option that allows one to convert from race mode to cruise mode in a matter of minutes.