Stunning carbon & E-glass rocket ship from 2010 with a great 3-cabin plus crew layout. Ultra-stylish, yet ultra-practical and set up for effortless short-handed fast cruising.
Launched in 2010, this stunning Italian-built composite performance sloop boasts an extremely high specification including:-
- 3-cabin, 3-heads interior layout with additional crew cabin with crew heads forward
- Nanni 130hp diesel engine
- Retractable bowthruster
- Retractable anchor arm
- Retractable dedicated mooring winch
- Nordic carbon rig with v-boom
- Harken electric winches
- Fully-battened mainsail system with battencars
- Bamar electric furler
- Code 0 furler
- 2017 Tecnora mainsail and jib
- 24vDC electrics with Mastervolt batteries chargers and inverters
- 8kw Fischer Panda generator
- Fridge & freezers
- Updated Garmin navigation instrumentation
Now offered for sale as her owner has moved to a larger yacht, she is offered for sale a fraction of the price of a comparable new build.
YACHTING PRESS COMMENTS:
“FOR FREEDOM LOVERS”
The Gieffe GY 60 is a sophisticated 18-metre craft which could astonish with its high performance hull and a very powerful sail plan. Both sophisticated and fast, the GY 60 by Gieffe Yachts is an 18-metre craft with a high performance hull and a powerful sail plan conceived for those who enjoy the thrill of speed. It has also been created for owners who enjoy the challenge of solo sailing – the keen bow of this craft, with its distinctive Italian lines, carves through waves with precision, letting you live every moment to the full and experience an unparalleled sense of freedom.
The GY 60 is elegant, minimalist and functional below deck, too. The interior furnishings, predominated by linear forms and the colour white, are in perfect harmony with the glass inserts and the occasional matte black wengé details. At the centre of the hull, the Gieffe Yachts architects have created an ingenious solution with the dinette on the left enclosed by the huge L-shaped galley unit. The deck plan features a minimalist cockpit, dominated by the two wheel pedestals and a control panel.
Top Yachts – December 2010
Gieffe Yachts represents a coming together of operators with more than thirty years experience in the yacht construction sector, the yard is run by a young and dynamic team of managers and technicians who strongly desire to bring a breath of fresh air to the sector. The "Gieffe Yachts" team has located its new operating base in an industrial zone south of Bergamo, in the heart of Lombardy. Inside the shipyard is a high-tech atelier equipped to work with advanced composite materials. Of particular note is a modular drying plant which can accommodate the after-care of manufactures of up to 24 metres in length at temperatures of 120°. The design projects are entirely developed in a three-dimensional environment in order to benefit from the most modern computer simulation and numerically controlled realization techniques.
- Hull built on female mould, entirely of multiaxial and unidirectional fibers and E-Glass and epoxy-coated carbon SP-System, impregnated and with 25 mm thickness PVC cores with different densities.
- The adhesion of the sandwich ensured by application of the "vacuum bag" and the post-curing at controlled temperature ensure the stability in time of the laminate.
- A massive longitudinal and transversal reinforcement cage constructed from above the waterline down.
- Carbon reinforcements along all the longitudinal members
- The bulkheads and interior furniture are all laminated into the hull structure.
- The bulkheads are all made of fiber sandwich and PVC sandwiches with the same modalities of the hull and then coated with 2-part polyacrylic varnish.
- Watertight bulkheads forward and aft.
- Crash-box reinforcement at keel area.
- Hull spray painted in white finish.
- 3 hull windows in each side of hull with high-thickness glazing.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Same as hull construction, but with 30mm thick sandwich with PVC density of 200kg/m3.
- Reinforcements in way of through deck fittings.
- Carbon fibre reinforcement in the mast foot area.
- Hull join bolted internally and externally.
- 10mm teak laid side decks, cockpit seating & cockpit sole.
- Exposed deck and superstructure areas spray painted in white finish.
Keel & Rudder:
- Stainless steel keel with lead bulb, attached to hull with stainless steel bolts.
- Keel blade epoxy coated.
- Balanced rudder of biaxial E-glass, vacuum-infused and oven cured.
- Aluminium EN 6082 rudder stock with upper and lower rudder bearings with self-aligning rollers.
Engine & gearbox:
- Nannni Kubota N4-series 4-cylinder 130hp diesel engine
- Approx 2,000hrs run as of November 2017
- Date of last engine service – May 2016
- Heat exchanger replaced - 2015
- Shaft drive gearbox
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- ZF electric single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed Gori folding propeller with overdrive
- Lewmar 24vDC retractable bowthruster
- Jefa twin wheel steering with 110mm carbon wheels and custom helm pedestals.
- Emergency tiller.
- 24vDC domestic systems with additional 12vDC system and 220vAC via shore-power, generator or inverter
- 2x 12vDC Mastervolt gel engine and generator start batteries
- 2x Mastrervolt 4-cell batteries joined to supply services
- Mastervolt battery monitoring system
Charging & Inverter:
- Maservolt 24vDC charger
- Mastervolt 12vDC charter
- Mastervolt 1500w 24v inverter
- 12vDC Engine-mounted alternator
- 24vDC ZF secondary alternator for service batteries
- Fischer Panda 8kw generator
- Generator hours: approx. 400 as of November 2017
- Date of last generator service: May 2016
- 220v shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element
- Jabsco pressure pumps
- Hot & cold pressurised cockpit shower
- Shore-side pressurised water connection
- Reverse-osmosis watermaker with 150 litres per hour output.
- Electric bilge pumps.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Electric shower drain pumps
- 420 litres fuel capacity with 20 litres day tank
- 900 litres fresh water capacity structural water tanks
- 2x 60 litres stainless steel black water holding tanks with electric discharge
- 50 litre and 60 litre stainless steel grey water holding tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Full Garmin navigation suite fitted in January 2016
- 2x Garmin GPSMap 7410 LCD radar chart plotter displays at helms
- Garmin closed-array radar scanner side-mounted to mast
- 2x Garmin MFD’s at helms
- 5x Garmin 20/20 jumbo displays at mast
- AIS receiver
- Garmin autopilot control
- Steering compasses
- Stainless steel 4-burner gas stove
- Samsung stainless steel multifunction microwave oven
- 160 litre front opening fridge
- 80 litre top-opening fridge/freezer
- Siemens dishwasher
- 3x Tecma 1 electric freshwater heads
- 1x Jabsco manual heads for crew cabin
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- ClimmaAir 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system with 20,000BTU output
- Fusion Stereo system with speakers in saloon and cockpit
- LCD TV in saloon
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 8 berths plus twin crew in double master cabin, two twin aft cabins and settee berth in saloon. 3 guest heads plus further crew heads.
- Interior finishes in gloss white with contrasting dark counters and Wenge inserts to joinery
- Contrasting grey interior panels in heads
- Bleached oak floors.
- White panelled headlinings
- Ultra-leather upholstery
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
- Crew cabin in forepeak with single berth and Pullman above.
- Ensuite heads in crew cabin with heads, shower and sink.
- Master cabin heads with laminated furniture. Separate shower cubicle. Electric heads.
- Master cabin with offset double berth to starboard. Sofa to port. Cabinets, counters and two hanging lockers.
- Saloon with large L-shaped settee to port with bench settee opposite. Table drops to create occasional double berth.
- Galley opposite saloon in L-shaped configuration with twin stainless steel sinks, various drawers, locker and cupboards.
- Chart table area aft of galley area to port with forward facing seat and AC/DC panels.
- Twin symmetrical aft cabins with double beds, hanging lockers, chests of drawers beneath beds.
- Ensuite heads for both aft cabins with electric heads and dedicated shower cubicles.
- Nordic Spars carbon fibre – painted white
- Fractional rig
- 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
- White painted V-boom
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging – 2010
- Standing rigging inspected 2016
- Holmatro hydraulic mast-jack with manual pump
- Bamar hydraulic vang and single backstay
- German mainsheet system
- Low-friction mainsail track on mast with battencar system
- Recessed mainsheet traveller
- German mainsheet system
- Towable jib tracks
- Karver KF5 furler for Code 0
- 12vDC Bamar recessed electric jib furler -
- I = 24.00m, J = 6.76m, P = 24.00m, E = 7.80m
- White sail area – 204sqm
- 2x Harken 74.2 2-speed self-tailing electric primary winches
- 2x Harken 70.2 2-speed self-tailing electric control winches
- Tecnora fully-battened mainsail – 2017
- Tecnora furling jib - 2017
- Kevlar fully-battened mainsail - 2014
- Kevlar furling jib – 2010
- Code 0 - 2014
- Double stainless lifelines with side boarding gates
- Swimming ladder
- Carbon restractable passarelle
- Cockpit table
- Drop-down bathing platorm
- LED navigation lights
- Carbon antenna mast at transom
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Retractable anchor arm
- Lofrans 24/12vDC 2,500w anchor windlass
- Anchor with 12mm chain
- Sanguinetti retractable mooring winch
- Fenders & warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Boom awning
- Cockpit cushions