This J 70 would fit anyone interested in just club racing or enjoying high speed sailing
Triad trailer with port and starboard storage boxes, Torqueedo electric engine and Nissan 4hp delivery engine, lots of "go-fast" gear. Call today!
LOA 22’9” LWL 20’6”
BEAM 7’5” DRAFT 4’9” / 3’ (lifting keel)
DISPL. 1,790 lbs. BALLAST 628 lbs.
• Torqueedo Travel 1003 electric outboard
• Extra battery
• Motor bag
• Nissan 4hp outboard for deliveries
CLASS SAILS (mainsail, roller furling jib, spinnaker):
• 2014 Quantum Sails – 3 regattas
• 2013 North Sails - 2 regattas
• 2012 Doyle Sails – 1 regatta
• Mast and spreaders (2015)
• Carbon wear pads on all blocks and mast step
• Non-stretch jib sheets
• Continuous spinnaker sheet
• Masthead flicker
• Sail 22 decking for cockpit
• Third hands with keepers
• Padded lifelines
• Harken tiller extension
• Two lifting straps
• Jib sock
• Spinnaker bags(2) – 1 mounted in companionway
• Baltoplate bottom paint
• V-berth cushions (new)
• Velocitek Pro Start (Distance-to-line tool. Includes speed and course over ground)
• Carbon bracket for Pro Start
• Tack Tick wireless Racemaster (tactical race compass and windshift indicator)
• 4 inflatable life jackets
• Anchor and rode
• First Aid kit
• Bilge pump
• 2012 Triad trailer
• Stainless steel disc brakes
• LED lighting
• Twin rear stabilizer jacks
• Wheel tie-down straps
• Loading guides
• Spare tire (new)
• 2 large (6’) dock boxes on trailer
• Top Gun deck cover
• Nylon blade and tiller bag
• Boom transport cover
• Cabin hatch and drop board bag
• Keel lift padded bag
• Mast transport cover
• Stainless steel mast support bracket
• Delrin keel blocks (4)
MANUFACTURER’S J 70 Specifications: (for a 2013 boat…2012 boat will be comparable)
• J/70 hull laminated with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core for rugged durability.
• Deck molded with similar glass fabrics and Corecell foam core. High density core material and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware.
• All laminates are engineered and built to required ISO structural standards.
• Molded internal bulkheads and ring frames with gelcoat finish, bonded to the hull and/or deck.
• Molded lift-keel structure jigged, aligned and integrally molded during primary hull layup.
• High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint bonded with structural adhesive.
• Molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
• 4.75’ draft lifting keel with lead ballast featuring an internal leading-edge kelp cutting mechanism operable from the cockpit while underway, SS lock down plate and a single point lifting ring w/2:1 aluminum keel crane lift system.
• (2) Harken investment cast diamond boat lift padeyes installed adjacent to keel P&S.
• High aspect transom mounted molded rudder.
• Lightweight aluminum outboard bracket mounted to transom.
• Large self-draining cockpit with molded foot braces on centerline.
• Molded companionway cover both hinged & removable with lockable drop board.
• Molded foredeck toe-rails P & S. SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and backstay terminations.
• Interior ventilation hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
• (2) Harken B8 primary winches with cam cleats and 8” winch handle.
• Two Ronstan black anodized jib T tracks with cars to accommodate 2:1 jib sheet terminations.
• 5:1 Harken mainsheet system leading to ratchet block and cam mounted on centerline swivel base.
• Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 2:1 control line and cam cleats P & S.
• Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
• Internal bowsprit launching system to exit aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
• Harken Small Boat Underdeck headsail furling system with hoistable swivel and control line exiting aft face of cabin house to cam cleat.
• Tack line cam cleat mounted to starboard on cabin.
• Composite tiller
• (4) Spinnaker sheet blocks with (2) outboard of primary winches and (2) aft.
• (2) halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base.
• Four low height SS stanchions and two reinforced SS stern rails at transom corners.
• 12” Dyneema lifelines surrounding the cockpit with comfort pads and termination points on deck edge forward of shrouds.
• Dyneema transom lifeline gate with quick release Foredeck U-bolt for mooring/dock line attachments
Spars & Rigging:
• Carbon fiber mast with single swept carbon spreaders, carbon masthead crane and mainsail luff track. Easy to raise and lower with deck step design and tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
• Carbon fiber boom with internal 4:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment point, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
• Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish and seal system mounted at sprit housing.
• 1 x 19 wire standing rigging with adjustable Ronstan turnbuckles for shrouds..
• Double ended boom vang system.
• Main, jib & spinnaker halyards
• Main sheet, spinnaker sheets, jib sheets
• 18” main sheet strop
• Tack line
• Sprit control line
• Vang control line
• Traveler control lines
• Dyneema bow bridal for trailer loading
• Air dry gelcoat finish on hull & deck surfaces
• Removable cabin floor
• (2) Bench style molded seats port and starboard
• Bin storage aft of seats.
• Molded liner platform with inspection port.
• Molded cockpit support bulkhead with inspection port.
• Anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast step loads to internal hull structure.
• Molded entry step.
MAUFACTURER'S STATEMENT: The J/70 introduces a new dimension of fun, fast sailing in a stable, easy to own boat. A natural evolution of its J pedigree, the J/70's 22-foot long waterline with high aspect, all carbon rig and deep, lifting bulb keel provides spirited performance and stability that feels like a much larger boat. Knifing through the water upwind with confidence and ease, the J/70 has that legendary “J” feel - light, controllable with a wide-groove to sail consistently fast. With an adjustable cascading backstay, one has total control over sail shape and dynamic rig tension across the full range of conditions, making it not only easy to change gears on the J/70, but faster and safer. Off the wind, J/70 will simply light-up the crew with a smile! Set the masthead asymmetrical spinnaker off the retractable carbon bowsprit, point the J/70 where you want with its deep, high-aspect rudder and the J/70 pops up on a plane and takes off in a moderate breeze.
J/70 is all about making sailing inclusive, not exclusive. With its easily driven hull, large cockpit, and manageable three sail inventory, the J/70 is perfect for three adults, two couples, or four juniors. Sailing is about friends, it’s the joy of sharing the experience with others. When your family and friends can enjoy sailing in all weather, the return on investment will be high.
TRAILERABLE- EASY TRANSPORT & LAUNCHING
In today’s crowded harbors, it’s not always possible or economical to own a permanent mooring, marina slip or rent space in a dry lot with crane. J/70 offers a practical solution. Launch at the local boat ramp, raise the lightweight all carbon rig, lower the lifting bulb keel, hoist the sails and off you go on a sailing adventure in less than 30 minutes. The only limitations are how far you want to drive and willingness to camp in the great outdoors. Trailerable behind a family minivan or SUV, you can go anywhere.